EDDB ntdll.dll in P3D V3

guenseli

Hello,

I have a problem with Aerosoft Mega Airport Berlin under P3D V3 (latest version of course)

I use EDDB also latest version (1.22?), Win 10 Pro 64

When I want to start a saved flight, which is saved in EDDB at an other position then RWY 7, AND I want to start P3D with welcome screen, then I get a ntdll.dll error

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: prepar3d.exe, Version: 3.1.2.15831, Zeitstempel: 0x5672b60a
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 10.0.10586.103, Zeitstempel: 0x56a853dc
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000374
Fehleroffset: 0x000dc759
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1a94
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d168ebd25991ab
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: F:\Prepar3D v3\prepar3d.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Berichtskennung: cc6f64a3-2e38-448b-8883-7a0b6168dfcf

This is 100% reproduceable here.

And I have reinstalled my complete system and also P3D, so, next to EDDB, the only addon which are installed are ORBX Global, Vector, Trees, Open LC EU.

And I do not use any migration tools etc. at this point

Again:

So, normaly I have the welcome screen activated (some addons need this!).

When I load now a saved flight in EDDB at an other position then RWY 7, then, the sim crashes after loading the welcome screen.

It does NOT crash, when:

- I do not use the welcome screen

- I use RWY 7 in the saved flight

- Save at any other location

- disable/uninstall EDDB

Can anybody else reproduce this?

many thanks for the help,

Günter

• Deputy Sheriffs

I doubt that this is caused by EDDB as the file NTDLL.DLL belongs to your Windows system. For me it sounds like there are incompatibilities on your system, like wrong/old drivers versions etc.

The internet holds tons of suggestions on how to get NTDLL.DLL errors analysed and probably also fixed. A quick Google search brought me right here, a 14 items list of things you could check:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/a/ntdlldll.htm

If there are any driver/hardware incompatibilities, it would also crash at any other airport/location.

As I said, the system is fresh installed, all drivers up to date.

I reinstalled as I had this error before too, and I hoped I could solve it. In the former installation I have had all types of Aerosoft Airports and none of them gave me that problem.

I will investigate further

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please go to that list of things to check. 

If it would be a problem with EDDB the forum would be flooded with posts regarding this problem, but it isn't. So it must be some problem locally fixed on your machine. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Günter, did you have the problem also with P3Dv3.0 or onyl after updating to 3.1?

3.1 got some serious bugs like a memory leak causing random crashes in certain circumstances. LM is aware of this and will fix it with the next release.

Archived