Quito problems

Marcelo Monteiro

Hello again,

I have some topics about Quito to ask for help:

1) I can't see the runway 17 lights - of course I am selecting the proper option instead of the option to see "autogen only"

2) It's missing the left PAPI lights to the runway 17, with 3.00º angle, 462m away from Rwy17 threshold

* you can see the PAPI and it's location on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5ziaWhjITM

3) It's missing the REIL lights on both sides of the runway, those two white flashing lights on each threshold tip

4) It's missing the SALS approach light system on runway 35 (you can carefully note some of it's light boxes on the ground during the daylight approach linked below on topic 5)

5) The correct location of glideslope and ILS-related DME is not correct, because they are located a little bit to the north, more or less abeam gates 14 and 15 (your ground textures indeed show a blurry spot on the proper location)

* you can see the proper location of GP and DME antennas on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOE567yqKu8

6) Is it correct to see the three folders on the library in this order: Quito_evel above, Quito_SC in the middle and Quito_LC below?

7) Will you still release SEQM anyday?

Thanks for the attention,

Marcelo Monteiro

• Developer

Hello Marcelo, 

I'm not sure what you mean by not seeing runway 17 lights. Do you mean you see them for runway 35 but not for 17? I can see them well for both runways and no beta tester ever reported this kind of problem.

The folder order is correct, and I will look into the missing PAPI etc.

I'm not talking about the runway common lightning (edge lights, green end row lights etc.). The runway lightning, except by the problems quoted on post #1, is working.

I'm talking about the runway 17 special approach lights.

Indeed, there is an option on the Quito Config Tool asking we to see the approach lights to rwy17 or to see autogen on their area, but even selecting the approach lights optiong, nothing about approach lights appears. On the Manual, you recommend to set up the "autogen" option considering to be rare to get night or reduced visibility approachs to runway 17, but I prefer to have the lights on, and tried that option, without sucess.

Hope you can check the another issues. I advise you to not expect to see those special lights (SALS and REIL) in every YouTube video, because in the real old Quito airport they were not turned on all the time, they were pilot-activated via COMM radio, setting specific frequencies on the radio, so probably not every pilot used to activate them, except on bad weather situations. The Jeppesen old charts linked on the Manual can be another proof of their existance and of their pilot-activation system. Of course, I don't know if it's possible to simulate this pilot activation method by setting specific COMM frequencies on FSX, but, in this case, I think you should provide them on all the time like on every other airports around the world.

Regards,

Marcelo Monteiro

• 1 month later...

Are there still plans to add the current Quito airport (SEQM) to the package, as previewed? If not can Aerosoft please explain why? I had been looking forward to this double product. I'm much less interested in scenery for the old airport only.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2016 at 11:15 AM, kevinh said:

Are there still plans to add the current Quito airport (SEQM) to the package, as previewed? If not can Aerosoft please explain why? I had been looking forward to this double product. I'm much less interested in scenery for the old airport only.

Kevin

That was the driving decision on my purchase as well.  Please Advise A-Flight/Aerosoft

Archived