Preview: Catalina VC shots

• Aerosoft
Hi Mathijs

I am new at this forum. I actually joined it when I saw that you are doing a new Catalina. I am interested in hearing (or seeing) something about what versions you are planning to do for the exterior of this plane? I would very much like to see something like this, with its special radar dome and other details:

The Royal Danish Air Force used Catalinas from 1947 till 1970, first PBY 5A's and later on PBY 6A's. These planes were a vital part of the infrastructure of Greenland in that period, before the use of helicopters. I have access to the plane on the picture, the L-861, which is at a museum not far from here. And I also have about 175 historical photos of both the 5A's and 6A's, if you need documentation af the special details.

Best regards

Kim Dahl

Denmark

Hey Kim, thanks for the info! That model with the radar dome is high on my list for sure. We'll first do a standard PBY5a for the beta tests and then will discuss the models and liveries we'll do. If you got images and info, chances of that one being used will certainly be increased.

There's a Royal Danish Air Force Catalina at the RAF museum in Cosford (UK) as well. I'm not sure if it has a radar or not (it's sitting at ground level in a crowded hangar so seeing the top is a challenge! :lol:) but the paint seems vaguely familiar... ;)

Ian P.

looks superb, but...

i have fs9 and x, and my system is 'high level' for 9 and 'not too bad' for x - and i have a LOT of payware acft on my fs9 system, so i fly it MUCH more than x

my 9 system also has Voz 1.3, 76.4 m terrain mesh, ultimate traffic, active sky 6.5, and headtracker 4 - i haven't even looked to see if any of that stuff is available yet for x

i think i will still be doing a LOT of flying with 9 for some time, and i will certainly be buying more payware for 9 too - it would be really nice if the Catalina (one of my favourite acft) will be one of them

boleropilot

ps sad story about the one that crashed at Lord Howe Island just after the war, i stood amongst the wreckage when we visited a few years ago - if you'd like details just ask

OMG! :shock: She looks mighty fine!

As soon as i get my hands on her i will paint her up in a suiting livery and take her for a trip around the FSX world. :)

Looking forward to it.

regards

Bjør E. Henriksen

• Aerosoft
Looks cool. That must be one from the current warbirds scene, I cannot imagine a Coastal Command one without the nose turret.

This is one that still flies. Most of them got the nose turret removed as it blocks the view a lot and makes the aircraft a lot harder to fly.

you're getting closer but front windscreen is too big, and your pilots are too small.

Don't worry, everyone that's tried to model the canopy never get it right. i hope it get's corrected before release.

sillers.gif

anderson.gif

VPB-71_BlackEagle_crew.jpg

013.jpg

ley04%20PBY5%20Catalina%2016-218%20PH-PB