Preview: Catalina VC shots

• Aerosoft

After we had some comments and questions the last few weeks about the status of the Catalina project I am happy to be able to show some new shots of the VC. The coloring and modeling still need to adapted a bit here and there, but the level of detail should be clear.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

We are not yet ready to give a release date.

Mayby because of those breathtaking pictures :)

Nice work this cocpit, i´m realy looking forward to it, Catalina is one of the most beautyful seaplanes I know. Could we hope it will be both FS9 and FSX compatible? At least hype us and give us some exterior screens, please :)

• Aerosoft
Mayby because of those breathtaking pictures :)

Nice work this cocpit, i´m realy looking forward to it, Catalina is one of the most beautyful seaplanes I know. Could we hope it will be both FS9 and FSX compatible? At least hype us and give us some exterior screens, please :)

I am not promising a FS9 version. Simply put, the big retailers we need to sell the boxes do not want to stock anything that has FS2004 on the cover. So to do an FS2004 version we would have to dumb down (seriously) the FSX version and end up with something that does not look really cool.

Nice for some customers, but expensive.

I am not promising a FS9 version. Simply put, the big retailers we need to sell the boxes do not want to stock anything that has FS2004 on the cover. So to do an FS2004 version we would have to dumb down (seriously) the FSX version and end up with something that does not look really cool.

Nice for some customers, but expensive.

Wel and what about a download version of the catalin a instad of a box version for fs9.

That would be nice if thats possible.

• Aerosoft

Wel and what about a download version of the catalin a instad of a box version for fs9.

That would be nice if thats possible.

If there is a FS9 version, bot the FSX and FS9 version will be in the box, just as for the download version. it is just that we will not do any major work to get the FSX version working in FS9. The sims are really very different if you start with a nure FSX aircraft.

• Aerosoft
No problem. I'm borrowing yours :P

When it is ready, Hans, when it is ready.

You got NO IDEA how long I was hoping to to say those words to you Hans, hahahaha...

But serious, we'll try to get in first beta in a week or two. Then we start adding the different versions etc.

Hi Mathijs

I am new at this forum. I actually joined it when I saw that you are doing a new Catalina. I am interested in hearing (or seeing) something about what versions you are planning to do for the exterior of this plane? I would very much like to see something like this, with its special radar dome and other details:

bpy6al861jx0.jpg

The Royal Danish Air Force used Catalinas from 1947 till 1970, first PBY 5A's and later on PBY 6A's. These planes were a vital part of the infrastructure of Greenland in that period, before the use of helicopters. I have access to the plane on the picture, the L-861, which is at a museum not far from here. And I also have about 175 historical photos of both the 5A's and 6A's, if you need documentation af the special details.

Best regards

Kim Dahl

Denmark

i noticed your VC is a bit off. i have a 30min video i made of the interior of a PBY-5a where i took a tape measure to the interior of the cockpit, blister area, and nose gunner postions. it was made for the purpose building a virtual cockpit. it's 200mb and could be very useful to you. you intrested? i tried to contact you thru a PM but is seems that they are disabled.

• Aerosoft
i noticed your VC is a bit off. i have a 30min video i made of the interior of a PBY-5a where i took a tape measure to the interior of the cockpit, blister area, and nose gunner postions. it was made for the purpose building a virtual cockpit. it's 200mb and could be very useful to you. you intrested? i tried to contact you thru a PM but is seems that they are disabled.

I very much would like to see it! you can always contact me at info@aerosoft-shop.com.