QNH problems

migueis

QNH PROBLEM WITH P3D

I use P3D And diferent weather engine to test and same results.

Sometimes (everytime) the metar on weather engine says e.g. QNH 994 and even if i press the B key it shows in the plane for e.g 1013. The values are completly diferents. This occurs everytimes in the destination airport.

When i start p3d and airbus, the QNH was ok but they stop to update QNH when it changes.

Something I have noticed if you press 'B' when you are above the transition altitude the QNH is set to standard 1013/29.92 and not the current pressure setting. I prefer to set it manually anyway.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I am also using the Bus with P3D v3 together with ASN and never experienced such problems. As we are using FS standard functionality It seems that there is a communication problem between ASN and P3D. This could be based on a wrong AS installation or missing components. I would suggest to reinstall your weather engine and SimConnect...... Maybe this solves your problem.....

Regards,

Hanse 

• Deputy Sheriffs

How do you use / test or identify that there is a problem with the QNH? Where do you get the values from to say that the Bus is not working properly when pressing "B" on your keyboard? Forget about the weather engines and just look into the weather in P3D

Menu bar / World / Weather / User-defined weather / Advanced weather / Temp Pressure / Barometric Pressure

e.g  what QNH does P3D states at that location e. g. what is injected into the sim by your weather software? Close those settings and push "B" and check if the values in the Bus are really different. 

Regards,

Hanse

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is very strange. The first time the QNH was injected and it works fine. But after a few hours the QHN change but not updated by the bus.

How can i reinstall simconnect?

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2016 at 7:18 PM, bsal said:

Something I have noticed if you press 'B' when you are above the transition altitude the QNH is set to standard 1013/29.92 and not the current pressure setting. I prefer to set it manually anyway.

Hello Bsal,

Are you setting a value different from 1013/29.22 when above transition level?

On 2/25/2016 at 5:02 PM, migueis said:

How can i reinstall simconnect?

I think I would hold off on reinstalling simconnect at this point, at least until a few other things are checked.

Are you using the copilot function?  If so, Is there a difference between using the "B" key and what the copilot sets?

Let's also confirm when you're looking for a QNH reading and at what altitude, and also what you have set for the transition altitude in the FMS. I'm asking this as I have to assume you're inflight when this occurs as you referenced Destination Airport.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived