Text in brackets missing

matteuspoiss

Ok, I did an uninstall and reinstall of the simulator (P3D) and the first thing I put on was the Airbus and sorry to say, the text is still missing. So no solution even with a clean reinstall. Who knows what the issue might be then. I guess the next thing to try is an OS reinstall but that is not in my plans in the near future :)
At least the aircraft flies and seems to function as it should. I'm just quite unable to select some options (other than trial and error). 
Hopefully a future version will somehow miraculously fix it :)

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 8 Stunden , Chris Bell sagte:

try to drag and drop the fonts file into this folder directly -> C:\Windows\Fonts

Another option is to unzip the folder I provided to your desktop. Then click right on every file and select "install" and if asked confirm with "overwrite".......

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 hours ago, matteuspoiss said:

Ok, I did an uninstall and reinstall of the simulator (P3D) and the first thing I put on was the Airbus and sorry to say, the text is still missing. So no solution even with a clean reinstall. Who knows what the issue might be then. I guess the next thing to try is an OS reinstall but that is not in my plans in the near future :)
At least the aircraft flies and seems to function as it should. I'm just quite unable to select some options (other than trial and error). 
Hopefully a future version will somehow miraculously fix it :)

As you didn't tell anything about your OS, in principal there can be 3 reasons why the installation fails:

- insufficient access rights

- settings in firewall and/or antivirus software

- some Steam software running in the background and blocking the updating of the fonts. Especially this one blocks all attempts, even those suggested by Chris and Hanse

My OS is Windows 8.1. My account is the administrator account and I have installed everything with "run as admin". The antivirus software has been disabled ever since the reinstall already (yes, I will turn it back on when I'm done with this troubleshoot).
What kind of firewall settings should I look out for?
Also, I do have Steam, but the actual application is not running. Should I look for something running in the background connected with Steam?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Also, I do have Steam, but the actual application is not running. Should I look for something running in the background connected with Steam?

YES! Open the Taskmanager in Windows and kill every running Steam process.

10 minutes ago, matteuspoiss said:

My account is the administrator account

Just to make sure: on each PC Windows installs automatically an ccount named "Administrator". You should never use this account to install software, but your normal user account (which might have adminstrative rights) and with this acccount you can run an installer as Adminsitrator by right clicking on the setupfile and choose "Run as Administrator".

I checked Task Manager and did not notice any processes that I would relate to Steam at first glance (nothing with Steam in the name). 

Yes, my Win account is my normal user account (under my specified username) with admin rights. 

Well, hello! Chris Bell, you get the grand prize! The text is there now. My system locale was Estonian and I changed it to English. 
Thank you so much!
I'm still a bit curious how this affects it. Some fonts don't activate when the system locale is different?

Anyway, that's very cool! Thanks to everybody that pitched in along the way!

Archived