AES 2.4a FSX Installed airports problem!

Hello Folks,

I am having a frustrating situation with AES and installed airports. If I, say, add a new airport, or even if I don't. I open AES help and all of a sudden AES will tell me an airport is not active and needs to be installed. For me it started with Monastir X. So here's the scenario - I go and open FSX and go to the scenery library to see Monastir X is installed. I go ahead and activate Monastir X to get the FSX message "area already exists". So I delete the area and re-activate it. Exit FSX, go to AES help, I get Monastir X is active but credits aren't assigned" so I say ok. Now Monastir X is god. Open AES help, then the VERY NEXT airport inder Monastir X (in my case it was Kos X LGKO. Had to go through that whole process again. Then AES help tells me the VERY NEXT airport (Faro X for me) is not active or installed. When is this crazy cycle going to stop??? I have to go through the ENTIRE FSX library and re-activate EVERY Aerosoft airport. After that, AES starts telling me other sceneries are not active.....in my case EVERY UK2000 ariport!!! Spo I go through the ENTIRE UK 200 list and do all that. Then it satrs at the next position and on and on and on. When I get done, AES starts this ridiculous stuff starting with the uppermost Aerosoft aiport - you guessed - I'm now back at Monastir X AGAIN!!! I cannot go through this again and again because it NEVER STOPS!! 

FSX is on my D drive D\FSX\  abd all my scenery is on that drive as well. Windows 7 pro is on C:\ (an SSD drive). I have UAC off, FSX run as administrator and all that - this a a 3 month old PC with an i7 6700K running at perfectly stable 4.8Ghz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GTX 980.

Why does this AES "crazy" cycle keep happening to me? 

Cheers,

Bill Alexander

• Developer

Can you please first try to Start AESHelp in Adminmode too, so we can see of somethings changes.

It must be an issue with your Scenery.cfg file, located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

When the issue is not fixed by starting AESHelp in Adminmode, please zip the scenery.cfg file an attach it here.

• 2 months later...

Am now using AES 242 . It allowed me to activate many SODE airports - thank GOD because I HATE SODE ...

I only use FSX SP1 and SP2. Win 7pro 64 UAC off every program I use I use as administrator. I also always turn off my AV when flying, downloading or installing anything. 

I always run AES in admin mode - I always have and always will - I also have UAC off. I am still having huge issues with AES. Just like above, I get messgaes saying something is not installed or active, then I go to FSX to see it IS installed and active. So I delete it, and re-activate and AES works, but another airport goes "missing" in the process! SO far I have lost LFPG and re-activated iot, then SBGL goes "missing" so I activate it, then USSS goes missing!  It is a never ending cycle that is driving me insane...

(BTW - My Yekaterinburg does not have an AES entry in its scenery folder - why is it missing and where can I get it?)

Here is my Scenery cfg

I really hope you can help me sort this out. I am not at all happy with the introduction of SODE - it has caused me heaps of grief in so many ways! Why can't developers just respect each other's work and stop "stepping on" other people's developments? Either that or simply communicate with each other so no conflicts arise?  If I knew that the airports I bought had SODE packed ion them, I would have NOT purchased them. The Same goes for GSX. I don't want it but it has been "forced" upon me! 

AES is a WONDERFUL program! I am going to tell all the other developers who push SODE and GSX on me to please tell prospective customers that these horrible programs are in their packages in their product description because they are ruining my AES experience.

In case you're wondering if I am angry - no I'm not "angry" as such,  but I'm definitely frustrated. 

Right now I really want my SBGL and USSS back for AES use. But I am afraid to re-activate them because I will wind up having other sceneries "drop off" the AES eyes - thus starting this never ending cycle. Whatever you find in the scenery cfg I sure hope can be fixed.

Thank you in advance Oliver! 

I forgot to zip it. Here is the zip

scenery.cfg

scenery.zip

Ok - here's what I did 

1) downloaded FSTscenery.exe to repair my scenery config. Ran it and it found one "questionable area 350" . A new config was written and the old backed up.

2) found the patch for USSS AES and put it in - AES found USSS and the gates now work

3) Deleted, then re-activated SBGL , said OK to FSX, exited FS, then ran AES help - it found SBGL and assigned previously used credits to it

4) But it then said that my UK 2000 Manchester and Glasgow were not active or installed - I re-activated and closed FSX

5) Glasgow and Manchester now detected by AES, but AES m now finding other airports not active!! Same old cycle will not stop! 

How on Earth am I supposed to fix this? I ALWAYS run AES 2.42 in admin mode and UAC has been off from day 1 - all other things I do are posted above.

I'll attach the scenery config that was SUPPOSED to be fixed by FSTScenery.exe and leave it with you Oliver. I am totally lost with this. Please let me know what I can do to stop this crazy cycle.

Regards,

Bill A

scenery.zip

• Developer

Hi,

have checked the last version of your scenery.cfg and found some issues on AREA and LAYER Numbers and format. Maybe that generate an issue for FS or Installers.

Please try to replace your scenery.cfg in the c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX Folder, then start AESHelp once to make a check if all folders are found.

I saw that you had no UK2000 Common Library entry in the cfg, which should be there for your UK2000 airports. I add it, if it is missing on your Harddisk, AESHelp will give you an warning and will disable the new entry.

I also remove several double disabled entries of the Flytampa Library entry, so that only one is left.

I could not find an entry for UK2000 Glasgow, so I would expect that AESHelp will show it as not installed.

scenery.zip

Thank you Oliver!

Since I uploaded that scenery config, I have installed ULLI V2 (per my other post in AES 2.42 area) and JetStream LICJ and upgraded my AS_LIRF from v1.01 to 1,02 - all except ULLI V2 are active in AES  - I know that ULLI V2 is not yet supported. After i went to AES2.42 help, another 2 airports went missing - FSDT Zurich and UK2000 Manchester. I already re-activated UK2000 Glasgow...

I will try this scenery config - I'm sure it will tell me to activate whatever it needs. My only worry is that I just updated AS_LIRF from V101 to V102  - the earlier version was using the extra SODE 1.22 sitting in my FSX root directory. I don't know if I need that one anymore. If I rename it to SODE.OLD and then go to my exe.xml , will I need to get rid of the entry for it as well?? I am not sure which SODE version is needed for the latest Mega airport Rome.

I will try this scenery config now and see what happens when I start AES 2.42 help. I will report back with the results. 

Thanks again,

Bill

3 minutes ago, phantomflyer said:

So sorry Oliver,

Here's the latest scenery config as promised. I hate to ask you to do more work, but could you please add the last airports I installed yesterday. I am too scared to edit a scenery config. The airports I added are the new AS_ LIRF, the new new ULLI v2, and JetStream LICJ   I promise that I will not purchase any new sceneries until I have a decent config running.

On a totally different note - can anyone tell me why I cannot split my signature into 2 lines? It says I am allowed 2 lines but keeps saying I am exceeding that when i put my PC specs on the 2nd line. Weird! 

I also attached the one you just fixed (Olivers_Previous) as only 3 airports need adding.

Thank you so much Oliver! 

Olivers_Previous_scenery.zip

scenery.zip

• Developer

Please try this one, corrected based on your version from before some minutes.

scenery.zip

Please take care, that the FSX is closed before you run scenery installers, otherwise it can mess up the scenery.cfg.

Thank you so much Oliver!!! 

I started AES and it detected  the AES supported airports including all UK2000 that were missing. The only one missing is Glasgow which I will activate in FSX, then reboot and start AES help. 

I think what happens with FSX, when it's exited, I need to reboot, then install scenery because it takes a while for FSX  to really exit completely. That is most likely how the scenery config got messed up. Never again! 

Thank you again for your help!

• Developer

Open the scenery.cfg via wordpad search for UK2000 and Copy the [Area.xxx] Section of Manchaster for excample once, then change the Name and the Path behind LOCAL= to the Glasgow as it is named on the disk.

Save the file and start AESHelp. It will correct the doublicate Area and Layernumber and then it should be active in AES too.

• Developer

Ok,

some of the UK2000 airports was only supportet with the newest version, others updated and so available in older versions too.

But, in the case you have a scenery.cfg like you show in post #15, where Area and Layer number is the some in two entries and you start AEShelp, you should get a warning for that, when you there click on Yes, AEShelp will write a new scenery.cfg with corrected numbers. 

The FSX will ignore the second Area without warnings, but will not load the second Addon. That's why I include this check in AEShelp to inform and/or fix this issues.

Some addon installers are not very clever and are able to generate some touble here. When I have installed a new addon, the first thing I do is to open the scenery.cfg, move the new Aera to a possition in the order of the list, where the airport make sense, like all Airports of a deverloper are placed together. Then I change the Number of the Area and Layer to the same number as the entry before, save the cfg and the I start AEShelp to reorder all number and correct the scenery.cfg.

So I keep the order of my cfg in the form, that the Area and Layers have the same number. I never change the order via the FSX menu. That is give me a better overview over so many entries in the cfg and makes it easier for the installes to handle the installations. 

It is a manual way to handle it, but sometimes better then non intelligent automatic routines.

That makes sense Oliver,

When I did it the first time, AES did correct things as you said. I didn't realize that AES only works for Glasgow extreme 3.xx until I looked. so I just upgraded and did exactly what you said - changed the order in the scenery config itself, then ran AES help and now EGPF is registered in AES.

Sorry for my oversight and thank you so much for your help - I learned a lot out of this exercise!

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived