Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Approaching Innsbruck

vor 2 Stunden , Motormike sagte:

Do you have any parking spots or aircraft traffic? 

Aircraft traffic is no criterium for the evaluation of a scenery. The 2010 version of LOWI (Approaching Innsbruck) also does not have static aircrafts. If you want aircraft traffic you must use a traffic program as with every airport scenery.

I dont speak about static aircrafts (There is a Q400 static). There is nothing for a traffic program....no parking spots, just nothing...(my english sucks...) 

I think it is called AFCAD...you will be always alone at this airport...so you cant use GSX or something else like that 

No papi lights, no guide lights in city and middle runway lights also not there

Indeed if a AFCAD is missing, neither AI traffic nor GSX will work. I think something is wrong with your installation. Could well be that you have an other LOWI AFCAD file somewhere (e.g. of the previous airport or simmershome patch etc.). 

Sure, and the other peoples in P3D group have also wrong installations...sure sure...everybode til now is missing this lights, afcad etc..

6 hours ago, Er!k said:

Unfortunately the same happened with Salzburg... Aerosoft version was still WIP and JustSim released it. I feel sorry for Gianni, but this is how the market works. Of course everyone is free to wait for the Aerosoft version to see the differences and make a choice, but a lot of people do not have the patience.

I fully agree with you. Only last time it was Digital Design, this time it's JustSim. It doesn't really matter. What matters is that there's another good looking scenery out for an airport that Gianni was working on, and that twice in a row. This must be very frustrating for Gianni and the only question is, Gianni, are you still going to finish your Innsbrück scenery now that you got competition?

PS this is not a support topic for the JustSim scenery, so please quit that.

• Upvote 1

That is a pitty for Gianni BUT he got some 'features' Justsim haven't... I go back to it after a little word to Justsim's Innsbruck:

Beautiful textures and rain affects which Gianni can't beat.

Now what will be making Gianni's Innsbruck so good? ->

-AES Lite = Trains like the 'ICE' and the freight train near the airport

-Details like the church after which the plane lines up with the runway (I think Justsim haven't the church - Am I wrong?) or the golden roof

-The hospital

-Near to the reality... Doesn't know what I mean? I will show it you with three pictures, one is a screenshot from the Justsim Innsbruck release video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2NzJDZ_bgU) and one is a screenshot from Google Maps (https://maps.google.de/):

Aerosoft/Gianni's Innsbruck (Aerosoft Pic included into the post - Link: http://forum.aerosoft.com/uploads/monthly_2016_05/isv_160506_2.jpg.0a1aff4717f4629e1617dcf1106fb621.jpg)

isv_160506_2.jpg

Justsim's Innsbruck:

Justsim Innsbruck.png

Reality from Google Maps:

Google Maps Real Innsbruck.png

Gianni loves the details and you can see that in his addons, so hopefully he will bring out a competition to Justsim's Innsbruck :) 

vor 35 Minuten, flusi748 sagte:

Gianni loves the details and you can see that in his addons, so hopefully he will bring out a competition to Justsim's Innsbruck :) 

It must be indeed sad for Gianni given the time he has already invested. But the same also happens in other bussiness. Just think of research, which takes years, and suddenly a competitor research group publishes the same project in a high ranking journal earlier...

But competition can also help to further improve things, such as the details you mentioned. As customers we will be in the comfortable situation which scenery suits best for ones own needs.

As I'm living in Innsbruck, I must say, that the upcoming Orbx-version is really incredibly detailed and realistic. The preview pictures leave me speechless too, finally the rendition of my home airport and home town, for which I was waiting for years.

So I will use JustSims rendition in the meantime and then change to Jarrad's version.

Really sorry for Gianni, but he can't top this one.

• Upvote 1

Oh my God... I feel so sorry for Gianni. He got somewhat punched in his face twice on just one day: first by JustSim's really surprising release (okay, but that one probably doesn't hurt as much since the JustSim version clearly has its flaws) and then those truly jawdroppingly amazing preview pics from ORBX. The last straw for Gianni's version might be that it could be much better performing than ORBX' version while being more realistic than JustSim's version.

And one also must say (and this is not Gianni's fault): Competition is good, but three designers working at the same airport at the same time is an overkill while (for example) Tokyo's Haneda Airport (one of the busiest airports in the world!) has not even one payware version and not even a decent freeware version yet. Maybe some developers should shift their focus elsewhere...

2 minutes ago, FWAviation said:

And one also must say (and this is not Gianni's fault): Competition is good, but three designers working at the same airport at the same time is an overkill while (for example) Tokyo's Haneda Airport (one of the busiest airports in the world!) has not even one payware version and not even a decent freeware version yet. Maybe some developers should shift their focus elsewhere...

Agreed. I think developers do tend to practice "co-opetition" and thus communicate when they can and when they think it's appropriate. And I figured Jarrad would've known that Gianni was working on this and, while that didn't stop JustSim, I'm surprised Jarrad moved ahead. But who knows what, if anything, was going on behind the scenes.

But yeah, it does get a bit annoying when developers double- or triple-team on certain airports or areas meanwhile when others are totally neglected. I'm with ya on that.

• Upvote 1

Thank you verymuch @pmb for the info !

Absolutely stunning ... ORBX nailed it !

Sorry Aerosoft/Gianni.

I have to add one more thing: It's also really strange how a few developers practically "invaded" Austria in terms of flightsim development within only a few months. Until the end of 2015, we only had FlyTampa's Vienna and Gianni's old Innsbruck version as payware sceneries for Austria. Linz, Graz and Klagenfurt were available at least as pretty decent freeware. Salzburg was still a sleeping beauty. Less than one year later, we'll have all major Austrian airports in more or less payware quality by multiple developers and/or publishers (Aerosoft, FlyTampa, ORBX, FSDG, Digital Design, JustSim, FSoftware). It's probably a festive time for all Austrian flightsimmers, but isn't that radical development sometimes a bit scary for you, too? ;) As I said: Sometimes it would be nice if all those developers shifted their attention also to other really (flightsim-wise) neglected regions of the world.

I fly mainly GA short hops. For me it's sim heaven.

Kind regards

1 hour ago, FWAviation said:

Oh my God... I feel so sorry for Gianni. He got somewhat punched in his face twice on just one day: first by JustSim's really surprising release (okay, but that one probably doesn't hurt as much since the JustSim version clearly has its flaws) and then those truly jawdroppingly amazing preview pics from ORBX. The last straw for Gianni's version might be that it could be much better performing than ORBX' version while being more realistic than JustSim's version.

There actually is a payware for RJTT (I have it) which is only available within Japan. It is beautiful. I asked if they wanted translation help for a wider audience, but there was never a reply. Their loss.

Back on topic, I am using Gianni's version and that is that.

I feel bad for the guy but the lesson here is obvious - you simply do not have years to complete your project anymore, at least not with airport scenery.  In depth aircraft require bigger teams and more resources to do them right, and as a consequence, there is more barrier to entry on that market, and so the competitive situation is different.  But we saw this same situation with Calvi and now this, so probably safe to assume we'll see it happen again elsewhere.  So what this is means is our 'part-time' developers (who do great work) are faced with the very real possibility that this will happen to them.

Generally I saw that competition is good, but in this case, when we have so many places that we all want, and not enough really good developers, it is a bit maddening.  I had money for LOWI from Aerosoft and whatever project Jarrad Marshall decides to do, but if two items turn out to be same damn airport.  So as a result we have a winner and a loser, when we could have had all winners.  I wish Mr V and Mr K would get together for a cold brew and share plans more often.

• Upvote 2

At least the Aerosoft version will be compatible with the upcoming Austria photoHD product. Orbx scenery rarely blend well with other photoscenery products. That could be one reason to look to Aerosoft rather than Orbx, at least for me even though its a tough one. Agree to the above however, you cant develop an airport forever, sooner or later someone else will step in.

mike

One should point out (and this is where things turn tragic) is that Gianni didn't even develop Innsbruck "forever". In fact, he only started developing his new Innsbruck version in January, right after Digital Design had ousted him with their Salzburg scenery (where Gianni had focussed his efforts at that time, too). The fact that JustSim (which is connected to Digital Design, since the DD developer works for JustSim) now "coincidentally" developed the next scenery Gianni was working on, too, really seems like a pretty nasty attack to me. Gianni can only take comfort from the fact that JustSim obviously overpaced (I mean, the pace with which they issued new sceneries during the past few months is simply not healthy anymore) and thus produced a rather careless and thus unauthentic version of Innsbruck. I noticed, for example, that just like in their Nice scenery, they didn't even take the time or attention to include runway centreline lights.

Jarrad Marshall and ORBX, on the other hand, maybe had other intentions - namely emphasising that they want to develop more commercial airports instead of general aviation airfields in different parts of the world. And for that, they chose an iconic and very scenic airport, namely Innsbruck (just like in the case of newly-released Dubrovnik). So their intentions might have been not as sneaky as JustSim's - but nevertheless, one would have wished that they and Gianni would have sorted that out in advance with a cold brew.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't blame ORBX here. They started this last year when there was neither a Salzburg nor a Innsbruck in sight. JustSim's decision I can't understand, though. It was known that a top developer would announce Innsbruck this summer (AirDailyX). Why the hell he went for it? The world is so big and there is such a demand on so many other airports. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, david.hilker said:

I wouldn't blame ORBX here. They started this last year when there was neither a Salzburg nor a Innsbruck in sight. JustSim's decision I can't understand, though. It was known that a top developer would announce Innsbruck this summer (AirDailyX). Why the hell he went for it? The world is so big and there is such a demand on so many other airports. 

Well thats the free markets for you. Everyone has the right to use their talents to develop what they wish. Ultimately the consumer votes with their wallets who did it best and with their interests in mind. Best of luck to Gianni with his project regardless of what Justsim and Orbx recently announced.