Mathijs Kok

Approaching Innsbruck

On 23.2.2016 at 20:28, ca210270 sagte:

Gianni, just a note on the "Heiliger Johannes der Täufer und Johannes der Evangelist" church in Axams. You may ask "what has it got to do with LOWI?"  It is the church in the centre of Axams village, and in fact it is a visual reference point for pilots in order to start the right turn to final runway 08. I hope it is included in the new scenery ;) 

OK, thanks for the hint. I will try to get some material and if possible we will consider this landmark. Funny, because this "Johannes" actually is my namesake ;) .

Just an update: LOJO is ready so far. We are about to finalize the aminations (radio controlled light and door opening as well as the activation of the slider). Have a look on the 3D-model:

as_lojo_20160224.jpg

Great!

He he, so you can't miss the church with your name ;-).

Attached is a piece of the visual approach chart reporting that visual cue. If you google the name of the church you can have pictures of it.

Thank you for your great work!

Visual.jpg

Vor 1 Stunde, ca210270 sagte:

Great!

He he, so you can't miss the church with your name ;-).

Attached is a piece of the visual approach chart reporting that visual cue. If you google the name of the church you can have pictures of it.

Thank you for your great work!

Visual.jpg

Got it. BTW: as far as I am knowing the name of the Church is quite pragmratic - both "Johannes" (also the Baptist) are used as you mentioned.

However - I will do some mathematics to find out the hight of the tower. Like all Tyrolean Churches the tower is significantly high. No prob - will do this beautiful building (as I also did Stift Göttweig in the photo-realistic scenery from www.flugwerk.at).

church_axams.jpg

The really is special touch to an already spectacular approach procedure... Great stuff! 

14 hours ago, designteam said:

Got it. BTW: as far as I am knowing the name of the Church is quite pragmratic - both "Johannes" (also the Baptist) are used as you mentioned.

However - I will do some mathematics to find out the hight of the tower. Like all Tyrolean Churches the tower is significantly high. No prob - will do this beautiful building (as I also did Stift Göttweig in the photo-realistic scenery from www.flugwerk.at).

church_axams.jpg

Here is another link: http://www.kulturraumtirol.at/index.php?id=120&no_cache=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=82

giving a height of 74m for the tower

Again it is time for an update: As mentioned the two objects which are relevant for chopper-pilots are almost ready. Let me show you two pics from the hospital in the inner-city of Innsbruck. The eastern part of the object is not yet textured, but for me it looks already nice:

LOIU_screen1.jpg

LOIU_screen2.jpg

On ‎2016‎년 ‎3‎월 ‎22‎일 at 4:56 PM, KingMusjo said:

When it's fini...

(oh, I don't wanna do this) 

:mellow:

I' sorry for my asked.. I will wait with patient and without comment.

OK. Had some troubles with the ground design, but the project is progressing. For your update I want to share this pic with you. It shows the situation in P3D with the new light-poles (just a part of them to be honest). More information to follow.

greetings

apronview.jpg

On ‎19‎.‎03‎.‎2016 at 22:11, designteam sagte:

LOIU_screen1.jpg

LOIU_screen2.jpg

What programs do scenery designers use today to create models and entire airports with professional layouts like this? I'm getting into Airport Design Editor at the moment. But as far as I can see I can only work with the standard FSX objects. Building complex buildings like yours seems to require CAD programs. Any recommondations?

Ok. That sounds a bit too expensive to experiment around. And how do you place your generated objects within the sim? I've seen on the Johannesburg Airport that you can use satellite Images to properly place your buildings. What programm is that?

vor 18 Stunden , Maxplane1 sagte:

I think he use SketchUp to design the objects.

You are right: the hospital and the Heliport LOJO is made with Sketchup by my fellow designers as far as the pure object design is concerned; I am editing then the models with animations if required in my development environment. Personally I am using 3DMax and GMAX for design.

Another update from the P3D-version attached. I managed to see also shadows and the lights on the ground which apparently is not so easy in P3D when you are working with the common ground polygon workflow. What you can see on the shot is the traffic on the apron heading to TW A. The ground markings were modified in LOWI since 2010 (in the real world and now in the upcoming scenery).

LOWI_nightview_1.jpg

A new update for you: see the newly textured buildings at the northern part of the airport.

isv_160505.jpg