Mathijs Kok

Approaching Innsbruck

vor 23 Stunden , mas618 sagte:
vor 4 Stunden , alaister1 sagte:
vor 4 Stunden , alaister1 sagte:

Could someone explain what the "intelligent control of lead-in lights..." means, I'm intrigued :)

Thank you for speedy reply! 

Martin 

We are talking about the strobe-lights which are activated during bad visibility conditions upon request in reality. The series of strobes starts in the mid of the city and leads straight to RW 26. The concept for this lighting system in the P3D V3 version is to either activate the strobes by the pilot (with a keyboard command) or to hardcode the activation in case of bad visibility. This is not yet decided, both versions have advantages.

Best

3 hours ago, designteam said:

We are talking about the strobe-lights which are activated during bad visibility conditions upon request in reality. The series of strobes starts in the mid of the city and leads straight to RW 26. The concept for this lighting system in the P3D V3 version is to either activate the strobes by the pilot (with a keyboard command) or to hardcode the activation in case of bad visibility. This is not yet decided, both versions have advantages.

Best

Could do what others do and add the option to a config tool to save the hastle

YEAHHH! Finally, I have been hoping for this. One of the most beautifull and exciting approaches in Europe.

Thanks so much for reviving it!

Vor 1 Stunde, pgreenwo sagte:

Could do what others do and add the option to a config tool to save the hastle

a trigger (manual or hard coded) would be more realistic as you do not always know the conditions on arrival when you start a flight.

As a lot of people use ASN that could be a solution. After all most RL pilots would get the weather before taking off 

all true - but at a location like innsbruck - are you shure the forecast 2 hours before landing is still valid at arrival?

if gianni can do it, a trigger or manual request would be real cool (and somehow realistic)

vor 2 Minuten, data63 sagte:

all true - but at a location like innsbruck - are you shure the forecast 2 hours before landing is still valid at arrival?

if gianni can do it, a trigger or manual request would be real cool (and somehow realistic)

You can check the websites (and especially the METAR website I linked above) also shortly before landing, and they will give you the precise weather for your landing in Innsbruck. Especially in FSX, the weather in Innsbruck doesn't change completely all of a sudden, I guess ;)

all true - my point is just: if you use a config tool, you have to make your decision BEFORE starting a flight. If weather changes - which could happen in a real weather environmet and a location amidst the alps - you are not able to change the config.

It's not that I would die unhappy with the config solution, it's just that the way gianni would like to do it is more "real world"

...and it would be something "NEW" - and that's always good for flightsimming

Of course you can at any time apply the new setting and then simply reload your scenery on the fly if something really changes this much (which is very unlikely however).

Maybe it should be titled "Approaching Innsbruck - Go-Around" :)

vor 50 Minuten, Jude sagte:

Maybe it should be titled "Approaching Innsbruck - Go-Around" :)

Maybe another good idea for the branding of the product ;).

With regards to the activation of the strobes I would prefer to use a keyboard command. I am not sure which visibility condition is loaded in the sim (to be more precise at which time). So the manual activitation could be closer to reality (the flying pilot has the final responsibility to call for this feature).

For the "Strobes" aka "Lead-In-Lights" ("Lead-Inn-Lights" would be a funny pun):

As you can see we already have implemented these lights running through the city. Both types of activation are technically feasible. Manual toggle via SODE or automatically triggered (currently we are using the values "Rain" or "Snow" or "Maximum Visibility below 5 km"). The picture is edited else nowbody would be able to find the light-dot :). In the simulation the effect is much better visible.

A small update: currently the functionality is implemented this way:

• By using the toggle the pilot can turn off/on the strobes whenever he wants or feels the need for it
  • In the described conditions "Rain" or "Snow" or "Maximum Visibility below 5 km" the strobes are activated automatically (the variables are checked in a range from around 15 km from the effect)

For me this is a quite practicable functional solution.

image003.jpg

A small update: as already mentioned two nice guys from Austria who are operating www.heliresuce.at joined the team because they want to support us with the two heliports. As far as things are developing the helicopter-pilots will see a very accurate model from both LOJO and LOIU. See the two shots below with some details:

20160207_C1_resized.jpg

20160207_LOIU_resized.jpg

For those who want to see the mentioned "lead-in-lights" see this small video - winter textures are loaded. Please notice that the settings are currently as described earlier (so automated activation during bad visibility).

2016-02-07-1655-40.flv

It is time for some update:

After having finalized the "lead-in-lights" as described (see the vid on my facebook-account) I want to provide you with three screenshots of the work from my fellow-designers from www.helirescue.at. They are about to finalize the "Universitätsklinik" with the heliport on the top. For me it looks awesome, don't you agree?

preview1.jpg

preview2.jpg

preview3.jpg

Add some foehn winds to this and landing at this pad will be a nice challenge. Beautifully built! 

Gianni, just a note on the "Heiliger Johannes der Täufer und Johannes der Evangelist" church in Axams. You may ask "what has it got to do with LOWI?"  It is the church in the centre of Axams village, and in fact it is a visual reference point for pilots in order to start the right turn to final runway 08. I hope it is included in the new scenery ;)