EDDM: Strange Static Aircraft and Deviated ATC Guides

Sonhospa

Hi everybody,

i have two very strange effects at EDDM (Mega / licensed).I've been using the same flight (i.e. similar season, day, time, B747 aircraft etc.) as before, but now "all of a sudden"

1. the ATC taxi guiding lines are deviated, leading through grass or along the (vehicles) highway (see attached pictures no. 1 + 2). Are there any known issues about that influence and how can I get these guides to normal (see attached picture no. 6)?
  2. there's a static B747 standing in the way right next (!) to the gate which ATC had assigned just before (see attached pictures no. 3 + 3a). As consequence, parking at the assigned gate isn't possible anymore without crashing into this aircraft. But how can I get rid of the static aircraft?

What I found out by now:

• Both errors are connected with EDDM Mega Airport only, i.e. doesn't happen if the Add-On is deselected in the Scenery Manager.
  • Switching off AES Base doesn't help.
  • I can't see any other scenery or aircraft connected to the error (no other changes).

For real technical insiders this might be interesting as well:

• The static aircraft reacts to some commands (e.g. lights on/off) together with the active aircraft (same aircraft, but different livery). So if I switch the panel/cabin lights for my approaching B747 (Lufthansa) on, I can see the cabin lights of the static B747 (World Travel Airlines) toggle on/off as well.
  • Before I realized that error, I had a problem when leaving the gate with that same Lufthansa B747 using AES pushback. I remember doing different things in this moment, like switching parking breaks on and off, engines on and off, cancel the AES pushback and call it again, etc. In case EDDM uses any keyboard shortcuts to install a static aircraft (I didn't find anything like that in the documentation) which AES or FS uses as well - and which I probably happened to send - it might be a reason for the effect. Just to avoid misunderstandings: I don't care too much about the reason, I just want to rid the static aircraft.

Thank you very much for support and other inspirational advice.

Regards

Mick

Please login to display this image.

looks like a conflicting AFCAD.

I don't think hat 747 is static - looks more like FSX default AI.

Try looking for a duplicate (freeware, traffic addon, ...) AFCAD for EDDM

• Aerosoft

If you lookg for files with *static* in the EDDM folder you should get rid of the EDDM statics. However that looks like a different one. Did you have any other scenery active there?

Jonas

On 1/31/2016 at 0:36 PM, data63 said:

I don't think hat 747 is static - looks more like FSX default AI.

Exactly. This is the default World Travel 747-400, not a static aircraft.

There are two options not to see it:

1. Turn off the AI traffic in the FSX settings (a good option if you don't use traffic)

2. Deactivate/remove the default traffic file - trafficAircraft.bgl from Scenery\World\Scenery (a good option if you do use traffic)

Hi again,

thank you for your hints. Unfortunately they didn't solve any of the problems:

• @Jürgen: It doesn't seem that there's another AFCAD for EDDM installed - at least not knowingly. Might the default conflict with the Mega-Airport? I don't think so... at least the only file I could recognize as an Airport is "AF2_eddm_2010.bgl" in Aerosofts "MegaAirport/Scenery/AFD" Directory. This file isn't explicitly referenced, so I guess it shouldn't interfere (afaik subfolders inside "Scenery" are hidden from FSX). Actually, I couldn't even identify the AFCAD which is used... does Aerosoft have a naming convention for the airport / afcad files (there's nothing like "AF2" etc in the file names)?
  • @Jonas: No other EDDM except the default. And there's also no file having "*static*" in its name. Are there any other possible options?
    Since you're aerosoft support staff: What about the deviated taxi guides ("Fortlaufende Rollanweisung" / "Progressive Taxi" markers)
  • @Rafal: I want to use the standard traffic and AI. If I remove (or deactivate) the file "trafficAircraft.bgl", will I still have other airraft on the Airport? Right now, Munich is almost empty and has only (too many) ground vehicles moving around.

Regarding the "static" (or not ^_^) aircraft: If it's not static but AI, then it should be recognized by ATC, right? In my case, ATC assignes the gate where the "static 747" is standing... that's why I couldn't imagine it would be AI. By now, both problems remain unsolved.

One more thing I have about the Mega Airport: At night the lights are much too big and too bright (see picture). Is there any possibility to adjust that? I tried the relevant option in "FlusiFix" but it doesn't seem to work for the Mega Airport Munich. Another side effect of this is that even the stairlights of the rear exit gangway are so bright that the gangway illuminates it's environment...

Thank you again,

Mick

vor 26 Minuten, Sonhospa sagte:

@Jürgen: It doesn't seem that there's another AFCAD for EDDM installed - at least not knowingly. Might the default conflict with the Mega-Airport? I don't think so... at least the only file I could recognize as an Airport is "AF2_eddm_2010.bgl" in Aerosofts "MegaAirport/Scenery/AFD" Directory. This file isn't explicitly referenced, so I guess it shouldn't interfere (afaik subfolders inside "Scenery" are hidden from FSX). Actually, I couldn't even identify the AFCAD which is used... does Aerosoft have a naming convention for the airport / afcad files (there's nothing like "AF2" etc in the file names)?

FSX will not find it there - only bgl's in a "scenery" subfolder are used. - normally the AFD for Munich should be in .../fsx/aerosoft/afd/scenery/ and ../fsx/aerosoft/afd should bin in the scenery library as far up as possible (just below "AES" if you use that).

if there is no AFD in the EDDM/scenery folder and no special AFD folder is in the scenery library - FSX will use the default eddm layout which doesn't fit the aerosoft scenery. This may also lead to the AI plane blocking your parking spot

vor 12 Minuten, data63 sagte:

if there is no AFD in the EDDM/scenery folder and no special AFD folder is in the scenery library - FSX will use the default eddm layout which doesn't fit the aerosoft scenery. This may also lead to the AI plane blocking your parking spot

This might be key information for me :hi_s:since I haven't explicitly referenced AFD in the scenery library. Thinking it over I guess the mentioned file in the AFD folder is the airport layout (since there's no other AFCAD I could find) and I had a mixture with default. I'll check that out today or tomorrow. Maybe this was also the reason for the deviated taxi markers... would make sense, if default is in the game.

Thank you for now!

OK – I was too curious to wait any longer and tried it out immediately. And: Juergen, you did the trick! :grouprespect_s:

After explicitly referencing the AFD folder, not only the "static" (or AI) aircraft is gone, but also the "progressive taxi" markers are in their place again i.e. deviated no more. Thank you very much for your help!

Now that I'm happy with the basics again :D I would like to mark this thread as "answered" (which I don't know how to do), so that others can find the simple solution more easily. But the little thing about the extremely big and bright illumination remains... does one of you guys have a good idea for that, too?

Anyway, have a nice evening

Mick

happy to help ;-)

only thing that appears strange to me is, that the "afd" folder should have been added to your scenery.cfg by the installer.

...I suppose one of the admins will take care of the "answered" tag

• Aerosoft

Hello Mick,

sorry for the late reply, you've hidden this second question really well!

To me it looks like you have the lightbloom turned on in the FSX settings. Please turn it off and see if that brings the lights back to a decent size.

On 5.2.2016 at 23:18, Jonas Scholz sagte:

hidden this second question really well

Hello Jonas,

sorry for that and the confusion resulting from it. I really didn't want to employ too many of you, so it's fine that my support ticket has been closed.

In order to help others finding a probable solution, I put the lights issue and more details to this new thread with a relevant title. I hope that's ok, please let me have your support there. This thread could imo be marked as answered.

Thank you very much for now, regards

Mick

Archived