P3Dv3 Unable to load Carrier missions

dsem66

At a loss here.... P3D V3 Academic (which is loaded on my D: drive btw..)

I was trying to load a carrier scenario and when I go to the Load scenario, none of the F-14 scenarios are showing up in my list. I decided to have a look around my files and I found that all the F-14 stuff is located at

D: > Users>Dave>Documents>Prepar3d v2  (no other files in the folder, only F-14A Aden (C&D).FLT etc...)

I also have a D: >Users>Dave>Documents>Prepar3d v3 folder but there is only Previous Flight files in there...

Before I do anything I wanted to ask - should I move the F-14 files to the V3 folder?

I also wanted to set my default load to NAS Oceana and the F-14B .... but when I opened that Load menu in P3d v3 it shows my default load is located at C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

I don't know how that could be because as I stated above, everything should be on my D: drive. I can't seem to navigate to the C:\AppData\Local outside of the sim so I don't know what is going on there...

I realize that is a P3d question so I will ask over there, but if someone can answer my first question maybe that will help figure all this out. I can live without a default F-14 load but I want to fly some carrier landings

Thanks 

22 hours ago, dsem66 said:

Before I do anything I wanted to ask - should I move the F-14 files to the V3 folder?

You can move or copy/paste. Saved flights contain three files Saved_Flight.FLT, Saved_Flight.FSSAVE, and Saved_Flight.Wx

Those three file contain all the save data needed to load a flight, and we use the same fileset for all versions of MSFS/P3D

Thanks guys, I moved them and everything works fine... I guess I was confused by the v2 folder when I have never had v2. I started with v3....Cool.

BTW, setting the default scenario works just like the prev versions....set everything up the way you want and save it...mark as default.

Thanks again

Archived