Airbus A320/A321 MCDU Freeze problem

Tariq

Hey guys, I recently got the Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321 and as soon as I installed everything and loaded up the aircraft, I looked at the MCDU and started to press the INTL button. After that the MCDY just suddenly froze. When i kept pressing the MCDU MENU button nothing happened. Any Help here?

Try uninstalling the aircraft, rebooting, turning off your antivirus software, and then install as Admin.

There are a number of posts regarding this in the A318/A319/A320/A321 forums.  I'm not saying "use the search function", merely pointing out that instead of waiting 3 hours for an answer as you had to, you could have had the answer in about 2 or 3 minutes.  That said, you're most welcome to post and ask anything you wish, and we'd be happy to answer you. I just thought you might like to know there is a much faster way to get many answers.

Best of luck, and Happy Flights!

• Deputy Sheriffs

That's right. The current Airbuses (A318/A319 resp. A320/A321) do not support Windows XP, unlike their predecessors "Airbus X" and "Airbus X Extended".

From the product page:

System requirements:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack, Gold Edition or Steam Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D (v2 or v3)
Windows VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 (all fully updated) (64 bit version highly recommended)
3.0 GHz processor (Dual Core processor or equivalent system recommended)
2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
Mouse with mouse wheel (please note the controller and mouse with mouse wheel are absolutely needed)
3D Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB (2 GB recommended)
Control unit (joystick) with throttle and rudder control
Download-Size: 1 GB
Installations-Size: 2.5 GB

I believe the same is also true of the ECAM panels? They just displayed black.

However I've noticed that Dave hasn't mentioned this problem, so he's probably not using XP.

Archived