Hate to ask but where are the v3 installers?

bradley27

I really didn't want to ask, but i haven't seen any V3 installers in quite some time now, in fact since late November '15.

As publishers i would expect the v3 installer needs to come from the developer? There are numerous airports, Helsinki, Mallorca Evo, Toulouse, Oslo, Dublin, Lisbon, Bergen, Bari that I for example have but cant use in v3 due to there being no installer yet.

Really be good to know what the status is for these. As i said this as been asked as there has been a fairly big gap in v3 installer announcements.

• Deputy Sheriffs

A list of all currently available P3Dv3 installers can be found here:

The installers them self then can be found in your shop account for download.

All airports you have listed will install fine into P3Dv3 with using a migration tool, e.g. the Estonia Migration Tool. An old airport like Helsinki will have problems with runway lights in P3Dv3, but that would also not be fixed by a P3Dv3 installer being provided by Aerosoft. By using a migration tool (or even install them manually) you wouldn't have to wait for new installers.

I have all my 65 airports successfully installed into P3Dv3, even before 19 of them came with updated installers.

If I recall correctly there are some accounts of the "Migration Tool" messing up P3D V3 files such that the user had to start from scratch. I have spent hours meticulously installing Prepar3D V3.1 and many addons. Not willing to risk screwing it up by installing addon's that do not have native installers. I did try the "Migration Tool" but I didn't like what it was doing and promptly uninstalled it. After uninstalling it I then had to edit the xml.exe to completely remove it and I still haven't gotten around to removing it completely. Nor did I get any response to a support request that I made at least 3 weeks ago to the developer asking for information on completely removing the program. 

Bottom line is that other payware Airport developers supplied installers to their customers virtually immediately on release of version 3. I have only one Aerosoft airport (EIDW) and based on the level of support I think it will be the last.

I completely agree. Further, for many sceneries it is useless to attempt the Migration Tool installation, because they have features not compatible wit P3D v3, such as, as Tom said, the runway lights. Therefore the main question is: why don't developers update those sceneries to P3D v3? After 4 months from its release most of Aerosoft sceneries are not yet compatible, and I don't think there are so many things to address in order to make them compatible...

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why is it necessary to repeat this discussion with every new release of P3D? 

Aerosoft have unlike others not just a hand full but hundreds of sceneries. Additionally they are in most cases just the reseller and not the developer. So it is not in their hands to update everything by them self. 

But let's assume,  for the sake of argument, they could update all sceneries by them self. Who would pay for that? With 200+ sceneries this is not a small amount of money we are talking about. And once they would have updated all sceneries this discussion would start again right after the release of another P3D version. 

When you bought a scenery you were never promised to get it updated for years to come in the future for any not yet known sim which in fact is the one, that brakes compatibility over and over again. 

You bought a scenery with a set of supported Sims (and specific version). That's what you paid money for and that what you have a full right to complain about if it is not working as advertised in the supported environments. 

AS is working on updating sceneries, but this has of course (for the above given reasons) not the highest priority. 

Btw: why is no one complaining at LM for putting the own investment at risk? 

No one is forced to use a sim version which isn't compatible with all add-ons anymore. If you can't live with these kind of problems then just don't change your sim and use the add-ons in the environment you bought them for. 

• 1 month later...

So March 10th and still no word or update on V3 installers for already released scenerys?

Im abit mythed as to whats going on...There have been no airport v3 announcements since last year November '15

Demanding things wont get anyone anywhere but its clear that the other mainstream developers in the game are very much up to date apart from the "Move at 1000mph" Taxi2Gate who have decided to skip recompiling their most recent works which are always error ridden and rush to get Charles de Gaulle out the door instead....

Im referring to Mallorca X, Helsinki X, Oslo v2, Dublin X, Bari X, Stuttgart, Dusseldorf...Just a general update for the ever loyal customers that will buy this material on release day would be nice.

Alot of us have jumped to P3Dv3 because we all want to enjoy FS for what it is..FSX couldn't do that, P3D offers alittle more leeway and we want to enjoy the work we brought from the developers you represent in this ever improving platform. Of course these wont all be dropped in one go but it has been over 5 months now....

1) Go to your P3D root folder and create a new blank text file and name it FSX.exe (make sure the extention is exactly .exe!) If done correctly you should see this:

Please login to display this image.

2) Start the Aerosoft installer and change the installation path to your P3D root folder where you created the fsx.exe file. You should be able to start installing now.

3) After installation finishes, head over to simmershome website and find the desired light patch. Download it and install it to your scenery.

4) Start P3D and manually add the sceneries to your scenery library in World->Scenery Library.

5) Have fun - with potential glitches and bugs due to incompatibiliy with mostly the older as sceneries, but the majority work just fine to my needs :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Bradley,

one one hand I can understand that you are asking for other AS sceneries getting updated installers. But on the other hand I actually don't. And please let me tell you why: AS has said from the beginning (already for P3Dv2) that they look into it and that they will decide "on the fly" which sceneries will get an update. They never promised any specific sceneries, nor did they promised to update a certain amount of sceneries.

With that simple little trick emshomar wrote above (which is widely spread over the internet) or with the already suggested migration tool you get more or less EVERY scenery installed into P3Dv3 without the need to wait for updated installers.

What keeps you from just doing so? Why do you wait for AS to may or may not update the installers for the sceneries you have bought (for other sims, but not for P3Dv3)?

From all of my sceneries only one refuses completely to be working in P3Dv3, but did so already in P3Dv2 and as far as I know also already in P3D, and that's ENVA (Trondheim Vaernes). All others work just fine, some of them have trouble with their runway lights, but that's a problem even updated installers wouldn't fix.

And by the way, the latest airport updates were not even a month ago: Lelystad X and Rotterdam X. You might want to check the following forum regularly for updates:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived