DLC and TCS help

reflected

Hi All!

I'm having an absolute blast with my new Tomcat. This addon is one of the best I've ever seen. It's up to the level of the Accu-Sim products, which have been the only reason I had FSX installed...until I got the F-14. But enough of my blabbering. I managed to familiarize myself with the F-14 and its systems, I only have 2 little questions:

TCS - I can't seem to get it work. I have Tacpack. I switch to A/A mode, I lock on the target, I fly behind it at 2 NM, and the screen is still black with a gray cross in the middle. What am I doing wrong?

My other question is concerning the DLC. As a glider pilot it's a familiar and welcome addition to the landing procedure :) I mapped the "floats retract (or extend?) to the "D" key, and it toggels the DLC perfectly. I also mapped it to a button on my joystick, but that one doesn't do anything. How come? The controls setting slider of that button is all the way to the left. Why does it work with the keyboard but not with the joystick button?

Bonus question: Is there any way to replace the SU-27 with a different AI model?

Thanks a lot in advance for the help!

Greg

She's a beauty, ain't she?

Please login to display this image.

Greg,

Are you running FSX in DX10 preview mode? That may be causing your problem as it is one of the features that does not play nice with that mode.

I can't answer your question about why your DLC switch does not work as I have mine mapped through FSUIPC and bypass all FSX control settings. You could try adjusting the control slider to the left or the middle though.

As for replacing the SU-27 with a different aircraft the carrier operations manual covers howto do that on pages 26-27, Id paste it here but it would be a wall of text.

Cheers

DLC - I figured out the problem: it was assigned as my pickle button in tacpack. As soon as I changed that assignment, it started working. A big help while landing!!

TCS - As soon as I enable experimental features in Tacpack, FSX crashes on startup.  I posted my crashlog in the VRS forums.

SU27 - I managed to replace it with a MIG 21 :)

Thanks for your help!

3 hours ago, reflected said:

Now the experimental features work. I had to remove a sweetfx dll from the root folder. So en bref it's either the TCS or enhanced graphics :/ not both. 

It's unfortunate, but to get the FLIR system (upon which the TCS is based), VRS had to do lots of low-level hooking into the .exe with DirectX. Because of this nothing else that does the same thing isn't exactly compatible. 

Archived