FIX less than 10NM?

MrMeeb

Trying to set a radius for a fix, I've found that I can't make a fix less than 10nm in radius. Is this a problem on my end, or is it hardcoded to not allow a NM less than 10? I would find it strange if it were, seeing as 6,5 and 3nm fixes are useful in certain situations especially on approaches 

(It wouldn't let me edit my previous post)

When I try and input a number less than 10, it clears the scratchpad. It doesn't say BAD FORMAT or anything, it just clears the scratchpad and stays blank

It should be possible to enter values smaller than 10, although only integer numbers (unlike the 737NG which allows one decimal place below a certain range).

I have been able to successfully create range rings smaller than 10nm around fixes (mainly to mark FAF points given by DME or missed approach turn points), but I've occasionally run into not being able to set any range ring at all, no matter what radius.

I fear this is part of the general problems currently associated with fixes, radii and radials on the MCDU FIX INFO page.

7 hours ago, bpcw001 said:

It should be possible to enter values smaller than 10, although only integer numbers (unlike the 737NG which allows one decimal place below a certain range).

I have been able to successfully create range rings smaller than 10nm around fixes (mainly to mark FAF points given by DME or missed approach turn points), but I've occasionally run into not being able to set any range ring at all, no matter what radius.

I fear this is part of the general problems currently associated with fixes, radii and radials on the MCDU FIX INFO page.

That's a shame. I hope it gets fixed. Thanks anyway 

Archived