warbirds

maverickNL

dear ppl of aerosoft.

are there any warbirds scheduled for FSX?? and if not do you know a company who makes em?

greetzzzzz

mave

What warbirds are you looking for :?:

Aerosoft has a PBY Catalina & F-16 in the works for FSX...

I don't think that here is the best place to discuss other companies products, but if you were to pop along to the following forum and ask again......

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

(you will need to register)

Kofi above goes by the name of Panther on that forum and is "The Oracle" when it comes to historic addons.

Also if you look through the following pages it may give you a basic idea of what's around....

http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/gallery_index.htm

(shameless website plug :wink: )

Best of luck.

• Aerosoft
erm more historical planes like supermarine spitfire, P51-D that kinda stuff

No, there are no plans for that. The military lineup for FSX will be like this;

Beaver (well it is designed for the army isnt it?)

Catalina

F-16

Seahawk

Bronco

Forgot the A-10 :wink:

Come now Vin, I don't think the A-10 quite fits the mold :wink:

erm more historical planes like supermarine spitfire, P51-D that kinda stuff

Yes, it would be a Bestseller in the United States, but I think, that in Europe the interest in the F-16 is more limited and french aircraft-designs of the Mirage-Series are popular, because it is "new", it is "another" and not the "the same as in every version of the Flight Simulator..." Yeah, with the FS X many new features may be incorporated, but it is still the same aircraft... and this is the point. I think, that the F-16 is no longer an aircraft of interest. It was to often in software, modell kits, Films and so on... time to look out after another fighter-aircraft.

• Aerosoft
Yes, it would be a Bestseller in the United States, but I think, that in Europe the interest in the F-16 is more limited and french aircraft-designs of the Mirage-Series are popular, because it is "new", it is "another" and not the "the same as in every version of the Flight Simulator..." Yeah, with the FS X many new features may be incorporated, but it is still the same aircraft... and this is the point. I think, that the F-16 is no longer an aircraft of interest. It was to often in software, modell kits, Films and so on... time to look out after another fighter-aircraft.

Okay, I strongly disagree with that, but sales will have to proof me right. The close to 40.000 (!!) views on the topic on the F16 here in this forum are a good sign for me. Doing a Mirage is simply not possible for us, we would simply not get it into a boxed format as the major chain stores would not order it. Without a box the investment is simply too great. A smaller company who can life of the download versions would be more suitable.

Btw, in the past (this is not my first F-16 as you know) sales were better in Europe then in the USA. Remember a lot of European countries fly F16's. And fact is people mainly buy what they know, what they see.