Lost connection mid flight

Nicrative

Hello,

I tried to use the "search" function to see if anyone had reported about this already. I know this is not a bug but more of a feature as it's just a result of how Aerosoft has built to CFD.

So, if for any reason the connection is lost between the two parties sharing the cockpit it will state "connection error" on the CFD menu and there is no way to bring back the connection so basically the shared cockpit flight is then lost.

The reason why I am reporting this is because I would like to Aerosoft know about this and reconsider a possibility to restore the connection after a lost connection if not on the A320 series but on the upcoming A330 which will have CFD introduced as well. On A320 it doesn't become a too big problem as you mainly flew medium to short legs but on A330 where you fly pretty much always long haul the possibility of losing the connection on some point of the flight increases. And the last thing you want to see if a lost connection that is not recoverable after 7-8 hours of flying.

So please aerosoft try to make the CFD at least on the A330 (I would not mind it on A320 either) like so you are able to reset the connection without reloading the aircraft. Now it's just a bit dull that you have just one shot to try the connection and if it gives you the error you have to start all over again.

If this post doesn't belong here but rather on the A330 preview thread, a moderator can move it there.

Best regards,
Nicrative

This is the place for the post.

Like all other shared cockpit aircraft, both aircraft have to have all the panel an switch states sync'd before the connection. I recommended a "Forced Sync" button, however thus far it has not made it past that discussion with the code writer.  This is what would be needed on order to reconnect mid-flight.

Until such time as this feature is added (not saying it will be), you can reconnect or even perform an initial connection mid-flight. There are a few special things you have to do in the aircraft before connecting (I'll get you a procedure next week) because there is no "Default" state for the aircraft.  One is needed, and I'll but a bug report in to ask for one.

Archived