Aerosoft Airbus and online flying

David Keff

Hi,

If I want to fly online on the VATSIM network and I have to follow ATC instructions, how do I configure my Airbus. Do I switch "fly by wire" off? Can the FMC compute a route and descent path if I "pull" the alt button on the autopilot to follow ATC altitude restrictions, or does the FMC goes crazy with the descent path? Can I set the speed myself by "pulling"' the speedbutton at the autopilot without interference from the FMC?

Thanks for the replies.

Hi David,

of course you keep the fly by wire on and make full use of the automation as long as possible.

If you get ATC restrictions which do not comply with the FMGS flightplan simply revert to selected modes.
In selected modes (knobs pulled) you have full control over what the Airbus is doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, 

I love flying my A321 online and too be honest Most Vatsim users are really helpful and understanding. My general rule for myself is as long as i try to follow traffic and radio rules and do what the controller tells me then everyone else..

Basically what I'm saying is if you feel your not flying to a "professional standard" dont worry... its a sim. So if you start your engines with Ctrl+E (not saying you do) so what!? aslong as you do as your told by the controller no one can get mad :)

Hope this is uplifting :)

Archived