So I've been looking at getting a new pc dedicated to fsx. I would like a good cpu and gpu for running fsx at 30fps with addon scenery and medium to high settings. My budget would be around 1000 to 1100 dollars. What would be good specs for my expectations?

• Aerosoft

Let's get one thing out of the way first. There is no PC that will be able to maintain 30 fps under all conditions and all settings. You can always bring it to it's knees.

I would go for a high end unlocked core i5 CPU and a high end motherboard to start on. That way you can overclock without much problems and that is by far the best way to get value for money. Then add 16 Gb of mem, the speed is not very important for sims. Get a big SSD to store the files on.

The GPU depends on your sim, For FSX it does not matter a lot, anything around $250 will be fine. For FSX:STEAM money spend on the GPU starts to matter a lot more and for P3D a solid GPU is very important, perhaps even more then the CPU!

I suggest something like the following system:

Housing: Cooler Master K280 without power supply € 47,50

Power Supply: Cooler Master B700 700 watt € 72,-

CPU: Intel Core I5-4690K 3,5 GHz € 277,-

Motherboard: MSI Z97 Pc Mate € 98,50

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB € 84,-

Graphics card: Gigabyte GV-N960OC-4GD GeForce GTX 960 € 222,-

Storage device: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD € 182,-

Optical device: LG DVD-RW 24x € 17,-

This would come to a total of exactly € 1000,- wich at the current exchange rate is equal to $ 1088,92. But of course these are store prices, the same components might be cheaper elsewhere.

If you can afford the 200 extra bucks I'd change the GTX960 in Patricks suggestion with a 980. You might be lucky and get one for 400 bucks in a sale somewhere (I got mine for that!).
For FSX you can ignore that, but if you want to try P3Dv3 at some point you will want to have one.

and if is for FSX i recommend windows 7 pro windows 8 its crap and windows 10 its fine but i have found a lot of people in forums with problems . I have just bougth a new computer, tomorrow i will get it into my house. I have bougth not only for the sim because i work with audio but its a good computer for the sim i think, maybe this , compared to emi, i will recomend gtx 970 theres no differente  btw 97 and 98 and its cheaper

I7 8 cores 4ghz 4,5 turbo boost 24gb ram x2 ssd 500 gb and gtx 970 4 gb gddr5  OS: windowos 7 and OSX el capitan.

Ok but will an unlocked i5 run well with addons like airbus a320 and ngx aswell as payware airports or should i spend a little extra on an I7. And if so wich I7 would be the best?

• Deputy Sheriffs
16 hours ago, obikenobi said:

Ok but will an unlocked i5 run well with addons like airbus a320 and ngx aswell as payware airports or should i spend a little extra on an I7. And if so wich I7 would be the best?

i5, has been said, is better then the i7 for FSX. Have heard that many times, not sure if that's a fact though. I think having an i7 has little to no benefits for FSX. It comes of good use though when using your system for rendering video's :)

Archived