Other means of portforwarding

Speedbird ATC

Hello everyone, I was reading about desk pilot, and in the manual I noticed that default FSX multiplayer has its own portforwarding ability. Will this work for the aerosoft airbus? Is it possible to port forward via firewall?

Note sure what you're referencing (no link provided), but you may have misread or misunderstood?

Website 1

Website 2

EDIT:  SORRY, THOSE ARE FOR SERVER SETUP NOT SURE SHARED COCKPIT.  AS I RECALL, YOU HAVE TO ENTER THE PORTS YOU PLAN TO USE IN THE SHARED COCKPIT (MULTIPLAYER) SETUP PAGE.  Those ports will likely work through a Software Firewall because FSX is already added as the application. However I would assume one still has to port forward the Router Ports.  Without more information on what you're reading I can't address this further.

Are you having a problem with forwarding your ports?

The only way to Automatically Open Ports is Tunneling, and when we're researching this matter again you can read more about that in the OVPA CFD Guide.

I hope this proves helpful to you!

• Deputy Sheriffs

The AS approach is  peer to peer connection instead of a client/server architecture. 

For both ways you would need open communication ports, so I don't see a difference here (unless of course they tunnel all their stuff through port 80 which is already open on your machine. But that wouldn't make it any more secure). 

Archived