carrier

Joshua Scholl

I loaded the F14 in Persian Gulf and I see the carrier but the carrier is moving and the Tomcat is not.  I was inside the ship at one point and then another time the carrier was ahead of me and I was about 20 feet off ground. I am using TacPack as well.  Is there a fix for this?

• 2 weeks later...

According to the product page many of the features will not work with SP2 and require acceleration to function.

* Please note that many of the features (carrier operations etc.) are only usable for users of FSX Gold, FSX Acceleration and Prepar3D. These functions will not work on FSX SP2 (that’s the original released FSX with the two Service Packs).

Where were you getting the CTD's with Acceleration?

It was just random. I did research and got some feedback with people having problems when having installed acceleration. It says it works with fsx gold though.  I have the fsx gold just didn't insert and install acceleration.  Can I just install acceleration without having to reinstall all of fsx and addons?

From what I have read acceleration will ask you to uninstall sp2 during its installation, but I don't think you will have to re-install fsx or all of your addons. That said it has been a long time since I installed from disc so I may be wrong.

4 minutes ago, abh_jc_03 said:

It says it works with fsx gold though.

Just a minor point.

There is no version of FSX called "Gold".  There is only FSX, FSX Deluxe, and FSX Acceleration. FSX Gold is a marketing package which contains both FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration, but one can only install one or the other. So really when you refer to FSX Gold, no body can possibly know which version of FSX you are referring to.

On 1/27/2016 at 1:30 PM, Joshua Scholl said:

I have fsx gold. I installed SP 1 and 2.  I had issues with CTD with acceleration.  Am I going to have to reinstall fsx again with Acceleration?

That would be the problem. SP2 does not carry the internal simulation variables required for carrier interaction, acceleration has to be installed. I think it was a silly decision to limit core simulation capacity in addition to content.....but that's what we have to work with. 

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 4:30 PM, Joshua Scholl said:

I have fsx gold. I installed SP 1 and 2.  I had issues with CTD with acceleration.  Am I going to have to reinstall fsx again with Acceleration?

Josh not sure if you resolved your issue ?

I have FSX Deluxe edition and had sp1 and 2. When I got Acc. pack and tried to install it .......and it told me to uninstall SP2 and then re-install Acceleration.

and mine seems to work fine..............hope that helps..............................Joe.

Archived