Some Beaver paints

VinFlyer

I've been doing some painting on the FSX Beaver, my first paints for FSX so I had to get used to that. First paint is rework for the S-9 that's already included in the original package. But that one has the wrong colors and camouflage scheme. Next I did a Norwegian and Swedish Beavers to add some more European regs to the list :D unfortunately there aren't that much Beaver flying in Europe. Last paint i did was the prototype Beaver.

Now I still have to find a way the put these files somewhere for download, I can't put it on my site right now as I can't access it at this moment. I hope Mathijs can help me out here? :D Perhaps in the next update or something?

Where can I find these beauties?

Now I still have to find a way the put these files somewhere for download, I can't put it on my site right now as I can't access it at this moment. I hope Mathijs can help me out here? Perhaps in the next update or something?

Thanks all :D

Mathijs, I will send you the files as soon as it's all done. There's just one thing I need to know and that's how to create chrome textures for fsx paints (for the nose cone)? It doesn't work the way it did with fs9 paints, anyone got a clue?

• Aerosoft
Thanks all :D

Mathijs, I will send you the files as soon as it's all done. There's just one thing I need to know and that's how to create chrome textures for fsx paints (for the nose cone)? It doesn't work the way it did with fs9 paints, anyone got a clue?

I will have Tim answer this one (if it is easy enough).

Vin,

The Specular maps are not like FS9, they are totally different. The alpha channel of the spec map controls the reflectivity, while the RGB channel controls the reflection it shows (the tint reflected).

While the FS9 way was done with just the alpha channel of the diffuse to display the reflection, which didn't allow such new tints to be incorporated with the overal effect.

Actually the SDK SP1 from MS can explain it best.

-Tim

Hey Ah Dag.... :D

Will you be converting any of your Beaver paints also :?:

Gotta figure out how first and get my FS-rig back from hospital (MoBo gone to pieces) and get hooked on FSX. Right now I'm deeply into my slides collection, just purchased an incredible scanner.

We'll see :D

Best

Vin,

The Specular maps are not like FS9, they are totally different. The alpha channel of the spec map controls the reflectivity, while the RGB channel controls the reflection it shows (the tint reflected).

While the FS9 way was done with just the alpha channel of the diffuse to display the reflection, which didn't allow such new tints to be incorporated with the overal effect.

-Tim

Thanks Tim, I'll check out the SDK to see what Microsoft says about it. If I can't figure it out I'll bother you by MSN :lol:

• 5 months later...
Vin,

I have the same problem (i can post pictures of my paint project in near future) and in my opinion the SDK doesn't tell it very well. The SDK describes the specular textures, but i still haven't been able to produce a chrome like spinner in my Beaver paint. I even tried to copy the textures from the default MS DC3, but still didn't get the same effect than there.

So could someone explain more thoroughly how a chrome like paint is done in FsX? Some example pictures could be useful.