Unexpected descents

IBE1133

Hi,

I have recently purchased A-320/1, and I have a pair of issues ( not sure it they are my fault, lol). I will tell you about the most important of them.

With aircraft weights configured (using configurator manager), I begin my flight. No matter wether AP is ON or not (I am used to fly manually, on FD, all my SIDs), and in every phase of flight, specially on CRZ, suddenly the aircraft begins to descent with high vario speeds, -3000, -4000 ft/min. Obviously, if AP is ON, then it is disconnected automatically, master warning begins to sound, IAS increases, even above overspeed limit, and I have to recover the plane for a leveled flight with my joystick. As far as I was able to notice, no trim change is responsable for that behaviour (so says ECAM's FTL-C screen), and at CLB or CRZ phases, thrusts levers are at CLB (it never occurs at FLX).

I supposed that, maybe, I could be touching any ctrl (joystick, rudder, etc), but every time I have forced it to disconnect, the aircraft maintains leveled flight. 

Maybe you can help me, what can I do to approach a solution, the aircraft seems to fly like a charm.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards ;-)

Sorry, I didn't tell you that I am flying with FSX with SP2, Windows 8.1, Active Sky Next SP4, CH rudder pedals, QF-TQ6 (no configured, I move levers with my keyboard), and a thrustmaster T.16000M joystick.

And these descents can suddenly appear about 10 times (more or less) in a 300 nm flight. I mean, they are not appearing continuiously.

;-)

• Deputy Sheriffs

The FBW of the AS Airbus requires a minimum framerate of 18FPS. Could it be that yours sometimes dip below this value? And is it always a descent that is triggered? Do you use standard setting values with ASN? How are your controls configured (FSX or FSUIPC)?

Hi,

I didn't think that it could be a question of FPS. Today I have made my favorite test flight, and it shows 28 or 29 FPS -maintained- when flying.

What you mean by "triggered" (sorry for my english)? I only can say that those descents are the first thing I am able to notice. Everything is a later consequence of my aircraft descending, at least, as far as I know.

My ASN has a default config, receiving dynamic weather from the internet. Also, I did a second test flight without ASN. Surprisingly, I had no problems at all, so I must suppose that this issue has something to do with ASN, but...

Thanks a lot ;-)

Hi Emanuel,

I have discovered that it has nothing to do with ASN... This issue arises with ASN running or not.

Exactly, what do you want to look at? ND and PFD? Glareshield with AP status? Throttle position? I'll copy some pictures in a while, but you will only see how the aircraft is in a deep descent (more tan 3000 or 4000 ft/min), maybe, as it is out of envelope, TOGA is automatically set, speed increases reaching overspeed values, until I finally pull up, set again AP on, and see the issue again in a pair of minutes.

No matter flight phase (maybe excepting rolling, take off, manual short final, three greens ????).

Neither if weather radar is on or not, same for terrain radar, same for AP on/off.

Regards ;-)

Screenshots of the PFD, ND, ECAM, and guidance panel while this issue is happening would help best. Sounds like it's going into TOGA LK which is a stall protection feature of the Airbus. Screenshots will help determine it though.

Hi,

These are pictures from my usual test flight. I took them while I was flying, and also while this issue was arising. You can see that at the first one the plane was climbing (not enough time to make her descent), but if you don't react to it, the plane finally begins to descent.

Obviously, in all cases AP was automatically disconnected, but TOGA LK only appears when the aircraft is sustaining a high descent rate.

Not able even to infere what can be the reason why my aircraft loses its leveled flight.

Thanks.

Regards ;-)

REMOVED please attach only jpg or png files

• Deputy Sheriffs

Could you please post them as normal screenshots within this forum. It is quite easy. I do not like to download unknow zipfiles. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Please login to display this image.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after some testing, and to my surprise, I can affirm that after unplugging my GF-TQ6 device, the aircraft flies like a charm.

And now, what can I do? As a Windows 8.1 user, I have all my devices configured (and axis and buttons assigned) thru FSUIPC.

Is there a solution for this issue? How about Windows 10? It will solve 8.1 usb problems, so I would be able to come back to FSX controls?

Thanks in advance,

Regards ;-)

• Deputy Sheriffs

I do not know the GF-TQ6, but as you wrote:

QF-TQ6 (no configured, I move levers with my keyboard)

This will not work, look at the system requirements.

Try to configure your throttle unit through FSX, no FSUIPC, not using any driver coming with the unit.

Well, when my TQ6 was disconnected, I thought I'd got it, but I was wrong. Doing a flight between NZQN and NZAA, FL320, when in CRZ and aircraft IAS very close to overspeed (don't know why), suddenly it accelerates a little... Once reached overspeed, get an aural warning, and plane tries to decelerate, increasing pitch. Without any AP disconnection, I reached more tan FL370, no matter what I do. That repeated endlessly. Speed brakes useless to reduce IAS, the plane is unflyable. Disconnecting AP and AT is the only option, as the plane begin to descent...

I shall try to use FSX to control my planes (not only this one), but it is impossible in Windows 8.1 (due to usb problems)... or is it not?

Thanks ;-)

Additional data... No matter if AT is switched on or not... Speed keeps increasing on, when levers are moved to any position different tan 0 (but then AIS decreases until stall, obviously)...

Hey, and what about that 167.5% CLB on the ECAM????

Archived