Airbus X Fuel Planner: Total Air Temp?

Raffael Walther

Hello

I have a question regarding the Airbus X Fuel Planner. 

Do I have to enter the actual or the difference to the ISA-temperature into the field "Total Air Temp"?

Background of my question

On official wind and temperature charts there are often temperatures far below -50°C but its not possible to enter temperatures below -50°C into the Fuel Planner.

Example

The temperature chart predicts a temperature of  -55°C at my cruising FL.

Do I now enter:

1. -50°C (the lowest possible temperature)
    OR
  2. "ISA-temperature at FL390" - "actual temperature" = (-55) - (-56.5) = +1.5°C

Best Regards

Raffael Walther

Hi!

Take a look here:

https://allaboutairplanes.wordpress.com/tag/air-temperature/

For simulation purposes we can use RAT=TAT

Using the "Speed/Temperature Conversion" table, using your planned cruising Mach number and temperature (OAT) at your cruising level, you can find out RAT (TAT).

For example, if you plan to cruise at Mach 0.78 and temperature at your cruising level is -54*C then RAT (TAT) is -28*C

The formula used:        TAT=OAT * (1 + 0.2 * (Ma)^2)                  TAT and OAT are in degrees Kelvin

Hope this helps

Mladen

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived