MCDU with AirbusXConnectExtended not working

Raffael Walther

Hello

The really like flying the Airbus. It's no too complicated (last but not least because of the Copilot feature) still very well simulated :).

However there is one thing that I just can't get to work even after spending a lot of time: The MCDU via AirbusXConnectExtended.

Here are the facts:

1. I have the Airbus A320/A321 Extended v1.31f
  2. I use Windows 10
  3. I used the original AirbusXConnectExtended.exe (the one that was installed together with the product)
  4. After starting the Programm successfully connects to FSX (the Symbol in the middle is green)
  5. Data is successfully sent from the PC where AirbusXConnectExtended is running to the PC one which the Webpage with the MCDU is opened (checked with Wireshark on both systems!)
  6. When opening the Webpage a table with some data is first shown. These data (IAS, Altitude, Heading,...) match the data in FSX (see also point 3)
  7. When clicking on the "MCDU" link an empty MCDU is shown
  8. AirbusXConnectExtended.log sais, that E:\Dokumente\Aerosoft\Airbus\MCDU_Dspl.png could not be accessed (which is obvious because it does not exist)
  9. My FSX and Window are installed on drive C:\ but my Documents-Folder is on Drive E:\
  10. If I manually create MCDU_Dspl.png this picture is shown in the MCDU.
  11. There is another error in the log saying "PIPE: Unable to open named pipe \\.\pipe\MCDU_Input w/err 0x00000005" (According to https://support.microsoft.com/de-ch/kb/110905 this means "Access Denied")
  12. I have actually no idea of name pipes but I tried this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/813414 and this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/925890
  13. I completely deactivated my Windows Firewall and my Virus Scanner (Avira Antivirus)
  14. I started FSX and AirbusXConnectExtended.exe with Adminstrator Privileges
  15. The tool PipeList (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd581625.aspx) tells me that there is one Instance of a Pipe named "MCDU_Input" (no idea if that means that the pipe is open => as I said I don't actually have a clue of named pipes...)

I've attached the complete log and my AirbusXConnectExtended.ini (didn't change anything in it).

Best regards

Raffael Walther

AirbusXConnectExtended.zip

Raffael,

The developer told me that this isn't connected for the A320/A321 series, however some people are able to get this to work (I'm not one of them).  Please see the thread HERE.

Best wishes.

Hello

Correction: I use v1.30f 

I've read the thread you've linked above. Obviously there are many people having troubles and it seems that Aerosoft schould do something regarding Named Pipes. However, the AirbusXConnectExtended was installed togethet with the Airbus and thus I expect it to work. Why should they otherwise have delivered it on the CD?

Best Regards

Raffael Walther

12 minutes ago, Raffael Walther said:

Well, it still does not work!

Raffael,

I was wondering if you were referring to the A320/A321 series! In fact, I was pretty sure you were.

My post above (quoted below this line) applies to the A320/A321 Series. The function in question still works with the older Airbus.

On 1/13/2016 at 6:35 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

The developer told me that this isn't connected for the A320/A321 series, however some people are able to get this to work (I'm not one of them).  Please see the thread HERE.

I'm told getting this to work with the latest Airbus is on the To Do list.

Hope this helps.

Hallo Dave

Thank you for your answer :).

But I am really confused now.

• On the "Aerosoft Update Database"I checked the following downloads
    1. Aerosoft - Airbus A320/A321"
    2. Aerosoft - Airbus X Extended A320/A321"

I took number #1 because on my installation CD it sais v1.30f and the version number for #1 is completely different.
    So according to this I do not have the Extended version.
  • However, on my CD-Cover it sais (translated from German): The Airbus A320/A321 is yet another Add-on of our admitted Airbus X Extended Series.

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Was there maybe a wrong CD in the case?!

Best Regards

Raffael Walther

And it still confuses me.

The CD-Cove in your link looks like the one I have.

Did I understand these correctly?

• The extended version is the one you refer to by "old version"
  • The "not extended" version is the latest version
  • Web-MCDU only works with the extended version.

I really appreciate your help!

Best Regards

Raffael Walther

Hello Raffael,

Don't worry, you're not the only one who has been a little confused by the different Airbus versions. Add the many diffeent languages we all speak and confusion is quite understandable!

The first version of the Aerosoft Airbus was called "Airbus X".

The second version was called "Airbus Extended".

The third (current) version is called "Airbus A320/A321" (there is also the A318/A319 expansion pack,which can also be installed as a standalone product (the A320/A321 is not needed to install the A318/A319).  The latest update to this version is 1.31, which you should be sure to have installed.

The AirbusXConnect software only works with the Airbus X and I believe it may work with the Airbus Extended (the second released version). The AirbusXConnect (MCDU-Connect software) has not yet been updated for the latest VERSION of the Airbus (Airbus A320/A321), though it's on list to be updated (sorry, there is no date/time frame as of now).

I sincerely hope I've been able to answer your questions.  Please let me know if I can provide any other assistance.

Happy Flights!

Archived