ND planning mode view - display of constraints

bpcw001

Hi,

take any flight plan and add a STAR. Make sure to select a STAR has ALT constraints.

Now, switch to PLAN mode and step through the flight plan until you reach the STAR waypoint(s) that have an ALT constraint and the waypoint(s) is/are displayed on the ND in plan view.

In the MCDU, delete an ALT constraint for such a waypoint and observe that the constraint displayed on the ND does not get deleted. Only when navigating back and forth in the flightplan, the next time you come across the respective waypoint, the ALT constraint on the ND will be gone (in PLN mode). I would have expected an instant update of the ND display whenever you modify/add/delete a constraint at a waypoint in the MCDU.

It may not only happen with STAR waypoints, but with DP and enroute waypoints as well, but I did not test that.

Is that a bug or an issue with my installation or is it supposed to work like this?

Thanks for looking into it.

Good evening,

I'll need to try this one. So far I never noticed this since Airbus does not allow pilots to modify constraints. Therefore this is something you'd probably never see in real life.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It is indirectly a bug. The ND PLAN mode most probably does not update when it is "active". I will forward it to the bug tracker we use.

In RL Airbus pilots can modify these constraints btw but like Emi said it is technically not allowed for STARs and approaches due to the integrity of the FMS database.

Thanks for looking into this.

Maybe I did not get this right, so please correct me:

In the real Airbus, all contraints can be modified in the MCDU (technically), but pilots are not allowed to do so for STARs and approaches (procedural restriction) ?

At least the modification of constraints should work (including ND update in all modes) for all those cases where this is technically allowed in the real-world as well. There should not be an "enforcing" of a procedure by disabling some feature technically if it is not technically disabled in RW as well.

Archived