Same Problem here... PFPX 1.23, crashes in EVERY session!! Sometimes after 5mins, sometimes after 20.... it's really annoying and unuseable! And also annoying is, that this is a known bug not since yesterday. But nothing has happen. This is a really dissatisfying service! Please act!

Just my 2 cents!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

You didn't read the post before yours? If not everybody is having this problem regulary, it is hard or even impossible to track done what the problem is and "act" as you expect. I let PFPX run yesterday for several hours, making/changing flightplans, running FSX and P3D and other programs in parallel to PFPX and got not a single crash. So what to do? The error messages given in this topic are all the same and do not give any hint.

I read indeed...

But there wasn't any problem in previous versions... so they have to focus on things that have changed from earlier versions to the actual one. That's remembers me on the vote "never change a running system".... someway...
Is it the solution to say..."sorry...some people have the issue, some not...then it's not really a problem. Must be a problem of windows...(as usual). But thanks for the money anyway...!" ? I'm sure not!
That creates a declining confidence into this software-label and that is definitely not what they want for sure! They are the pro's in programming. And they must and will find the problem! Otherwise, a lot of users will think twice before they buy further products of this label, and that cannot be in interest of the designers!

Hi Judith,

Why not posting the hotfix on your website or here? He's not the only one who have the issue PFPX CTD...

Apparently there are more than one person having this issue 

Thanks,

Amos

On 29 February 2016 at 8:40 AM, FlightSimSoft.com said:

We've solved this issue, unfortunately we're still working on an other one so there is just a hotfix available. - please send a support ticket to get the hotfix:

http://www.flightsimsoft.com/support/

brgds, Judith

On 29 February 2016 at 8:40 AM, FlightSimSoft.com said:

We've solved this issue, unfortunately we're still working on an other one so there is just a hotfix available. - please send a support ticket to get the hotfix:

http://www.flightsimsoft.com/support/

brgds, Judith

I already have an outstanding ticket from November! Why haven't I received a link to the hotfix?

I concur with what ageva says; why don't you just post the link here?

Mike

I have re-installed hotfix 1.23.8, I forgot to re-install it after FSX was accidentally removed from my computer.

Since re-installing it PFPX has not crashed so it appears that hotfix 1.23.8 may have fixed the problem.

Thank you FlightSimSoft.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

I created a ticket a couple of weeks ago and still haven't heard a thing back.

I really do hope we'll see an official update soon where both the CDD issues as well as other issues have been addressed.

Joining into this thread, as I do have the exactly same problem as described by others. (Version 1.23 here)

Installed libraries: all ! OS: Win 10 pro.

Symptom: Program on idle, doing nothing. No user action.

Randomly

• no crash
  • after 10 minutes
  • after 3 hours

There seems no reproducable hint to be. Next time it crashes, will send a message to support.

• 2 weeks later...

So what is the latest news on this matter?

It's now over one month since I created a support ticket at the developer's site as suggested and I still didn't even get a reply to my ticket. Very poor support to say the least on the border of ignorant. I read on the first page in this thread next version would possibly be released January and we're now in April so would be nice to have some kind of update but maybe it wasn't January 2016...?

As for reproducing the issue it indeed is very hard since it clearly is one of those intermittent issues but one thing I think may be related is whether you make use of the Vatsim (and possibly other online networks) online map or not. I think I read about this over in some other thread on the same topic and how PFPX crashes every now and then for no obvious reason when using the Vatsim online map to track the online traffic.

I rank PFPX one of the best investments I did for my flight sim setup and that's also why I find it so sad that it has this problem and that the information and updates from both the developer as well as from the publisher has been so poor. Clearly the problem is not with a specific user's setup since many people are reporting the same issue and even the developer hinted they already addressed the problem and that it should be fixed in next version.

So when the developer already said this I don't even see the reason to argue whether the issue is in the software or at the user's end. Surely it might be a mix of things where certain conditions must be met on the target machine for the issue to get triggered and thus not showing for everyone but still...it indeed is an issue with the software already acknowledged by the developer so now the simple question is...when will the new version addressing this issue be made public?

@WebMaximus: You are complaining about a non-answered support ticket. When asking via PM you can't state a ticket number. A ticket with your Name and/or email doesn't exist in our Support ticket database.

So it's very difficult to provide support this way.

The good news is that the 'random crash issue' related to VASIM/IVAO traffic display is solved and a a installer for the new version is just being created while I write these lines.

Hello Christian,

Yes, you are correct. I was complaining about not receiving an answer from you for over a month after creating a support ticket and before this I was waiting for another month or so when someone from Aerosoft told me in another thread on the same topic that they would check with you what the current status is but they never came back with an answer.

The reason I couldn't give you a ticket number is your system doesn't provide you with one after you created a support ticket. Are you not familiar with your own support system? The only information provided is that the ticket was sent and that you will respond as soon as possible. So could you please help me understand how I'm supposed to give you a ticket number when I never received one? This is what it looks like after creating a support ticket over at your site in case you didn't know and after seeing this message on the screen I never heard back from you until now.

Please login to display this image.

Let's not waste any more time debating your support system but rather focusing on PFPX and the issue that has been reported both in this thread but also in other threads as well as in support tickets where a number of people myself included have an issue with PFPX crashing to the desktop every now and then for no obvious reason. Great to hear you think you addressed the issue in the latest version/hotfix!

However the hotfix (which I now got thanks to one of your colleagues sending me the direct link) seems to introduce a new issue I haven't seen before with the CFMU validation. Below is a screenshot showing the issue and as you can see I get a number of yellow exclamation marks although the route is validated as being OK. I'm sure it's not supposed to look like this?

Please login to display this image.

So I guess you should hold off for a just a bit longer until you make the installer and release the new version.

Just wanted to say thanks to FlightSimSoft for finally making a new version of this great piece of software available to everyone.

Haven't had the chance to test the new version properly yet but looking forward to!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I got the same bloody problem with the crash of PFPX on my WIN7/64 bit system. PFPX constantly crashes after a few minutes every session. For sure that program as it is now is NOT WORTH ANY SINGLE PENNY SPENT !!

It´s very disapointing that Aerosoft is unable to present a practicable solution to their fellow customers.....just empty excuses and delays in actions.

I opend several tickets already but did not even get one single reply on it.

HEY GUYS OF AEROSOFT WAKE UP AND SOLVE THAT BLOODY PROBLEM !!! YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE SICK AND TIRED OF THAT PRODUCT !!!

Regards

Captain Nemo

• 1 year later...

Hello L and G,

It's 2017 downhill and my PFPX still crashes very frequently with no apparent cause. It's the only software that crashes in my Win10 computer. I assure you that I'm using the latest version of PFPX. Do the developers still plan to fix this issue?

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

FlightSimSoft is working on an update, but it is hard to tell if your problem is going to be addressed by it without knowing any details of it. 

When exactly crashes your PFPX? What are you doing I that moment? 

What is you Windows Event Log saying about this? (eventvwr.exe, Windows Logs - Applications, and the copy and paste the latest PFPX error message in here) 

On 09/09/2017 at 2:53 AM, Tom A320 said:

FlightSimSoft is working on an update, but it is hard to tell if your problem is going to be addressed by it without knowing any details of it. 

When exactly crashes your PFPX? What are you doing I that moment? 

What is you Windows Event Log saying about this? (eventvwr.exe, Windows Logs - Applications, and the copy and paste the latest PFPX error message in here) 

Hello Tom,

It crashes randomly, most of the times without interaction, I really can't identify one particular behaviour. One of these days when it crashed I checked the Event Viewer and noticed that it mentioned a .DLL which I suppose is related to VC++ 14 Libs or something similar to that. Then I downloaded the latest Libs available and took the oportunity to uninstall ALL Libs from my Win10 (checking for leftovers too) and at last I installed the recently downloaded latest version Libs. Unfortunately it didn't take much long until PFPX crashed again.

I hope it gets fixed when the next update comes out. Is the new update being announced on the program "check for update" functionality, or it will be announced only at the forum?

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I would assume that your PFPX will tell you whenever the new version becomes available. 

If you don't mind I would like to see your Event log error message. Or if there are different ones from different sources (all PFPX of course, and not just the one you mentioned above) it might be helpful to see them as well. 

PFPX is crashing to windows every time that I press one of the buttons in route editor ('Build', 'Find' etc) . It also crashes when I press the 'Close' button.

This is a new installation on a new computer. I first installed version 1.23 and when checking the route database after updating it from Navigraph the application repeatedly froze at different points in the checking process.

I uninstalled the programme and installed v 1.28, I was then able to update the route database but now have the problem as described above.

Attached are two files, one of which is a txt file with the full windows 'friendly view' and 'xml view' files copied to it. The other file is the WER file.

Regards

Mike

Report.wer

Windows Event logs.txt

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your very quick reply.

I did not know that there a HF1.28c, I have been away for a long time with work and a dead computer. :-(

As I am feeling very lazy and almost computer saturated at the moment, where will I get a copy?

Mike

Archived