Madiera fix not working

Seb

Hello I have followed the guide from "simmershome madeira p3d patch" to the letter even got my wife to check the translate the German instructions.

I am using P3D V3.1 just updated the client.

This is what I am seeing its got me stumped, I tried turning off ORBX Vector in scenery library, turned off the FS Global ultimate mesh files for Madeira and I still see the same three errors. If I turn off the LPMA_Correction.blg the three anomalies grow in hight. Its like LPMA_Correction.bgl not able to correct the fault.

Please login to display this image.

Hi Guys I think my issue may be related to how I installed Madeira X in my P3D V3.

I just pointed the VER 1.20 installer for P3D V2.5 to my P3D V3. I had to add Madeira X to the scenery library as the installer failed to do it.

Can any recommend the best way to install Madeira X ver 1.2 into P3D V3. I do not have the Estonia Migration tool but would buy it if it is useful for this kind of installation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Hello Seb,

the migration tool is useful if you want to install lots of "incompatible" software into your P3DV3. There is a free version out there, of course not from the Estonian one but from a different one. 

Jonas

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2016 at 6:07 AM, Jonas Scholz said:

Hello Seb,

the migration tool is useful if you want to install lots of "incompatible" software into your P3DV3. There is a free version out there, of course not from the Estonian one but from a different one. 

Jonas

Hi Jonas I have seen a you tube video of the freeware Russian migration tool. I bought the migration tool and so far its proved to be very help full indeed. I am about to try installing Madeira X again.

On 28/01/2016 at 1:52 PM, Cargostorm said:
On 28/01/2016 at 1:52 PM, Cargostorm said:

Madeira is a complicated scenery in P3D 2.x/3.x. Even with Rainer's patches, I needed to adapt the mod and deactivate a further bgl in oder to get the runway straight.

Madeira is a complicated scenery in P3D 2.x/3.x. Even with Rainer's patches, I needed to adapt the mod and deactivate a further bgl in oder to get the runway straight.

Hi Cargostorm,

I have just tried using the migration tool, done the fix step by step carefully and I have disabled a lot more BGL's then Rainer's fix suggests. I am still back to the same result that you see in my above screen grab.

You mentioned that you had to adapt the mod, can you elaborate. Also could you provide a list of the BGL's you disabled, I have had to disable a quite few BGL's in Vectors_CVX files and they helped but I can't find what is causing the last few bits of land to pop up.

Cheers

Seb

On 10.2.2016 at 03:11, Seb sagte:

You mentioned that you had to adapt the mod, can you elaborate. Also could you provide a list of the BGL's you disabled, I have had to disable a quite few BGL's in Vectors_CVX files and they helped but I can't find what is causing the last few bits of land to pop up.

Hi Seb,

I did some things different to Rainer's mod because in the north path of the scenery (v1.2), I had green grass and trees on the runway. I therefore omitted step c) in Rainer's manual and did not deactivate cvxMADEIRAflat.BGL. I had also not to deactivate the aerial files in the MaderiaX folder (as suggested in step d)), and so I still have the photo textures of the island. Runway and approach lights however do not work / work not properly.

The only thing that I could not eliminate is the small hill at the edge of the appron, which is seen on the right lower corner in your picture. But it does not really disturb the immersion.

So actually I deactivated less BGLs than suggested.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Thanks Chris, I tried your changes but I still have the same issues. If I could at least get rid of the raised land in the middle of the runway it would be enough.

I also face similar problems.

This is how Medeira X 1.2 for P3D (I know its not for 3.1) looks like after implementing Rainer's fix.

http://imgur.com/a/YDKE9

I get trees in the middle of the runway from ORBX and the terrain raise through the runway.

I will try deactivating less files from Rainer's instructions as suggested by Chris.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/02/2016 at 8:25 PM, Kyprianos Biris said:

Whatever files and scenery I deactivated (tried all combinations) I did not manage to avoid trees and the few terrain bits inside the runway :-(

ORBX tress and terrain just don't deactivate.

Hi Biris,

You still have issues try tuning off one at a time and see if one or both do the trick. The files  are 4320_LCP_Parks.bgl or 5917_LCP_Parks.bgl they are in Orbx/ftx_vector/ftx_vector_CVX folder.

Seb

I still can't fix my issue its very strange specially if others got it working I can't see why I can't. I hope we get a new version it could do with an update.

Archived