Release: Airport Enhancement Services Version 1.30 released

• Aerosoft

Gentlemen, AES is a pretty complex bit of code and sometimes it is needed to stabilize and optimize before adding new airports. So that is what Oliver done the last two weeks. But the changes are considerable! As before you can just download this new version and install it on top of the version you got now.

product page: http://www.aerosoft-shop2.com/products/aes/aes.html

What is new in Version 1.30:

New Airports available:

FlyTampa Airports:

• KBOS – Boston Logon Intl. free 0 Credit

(Note: You need Boston Version 2.0 from FlyTampa, Freeware you can get at www.flytampa.com

and you need the Update to Version 2.1 at www.avsim.com – search for filename: bostonv2.1_update.zip)

• KMDW – Chicago-Midway 2 Credits

• KSEA – Seattle-Tacoma Intl. 3 Credits

• KSFO - San Francisco Intl. 4 Credits

Many thanks to Martin Brunken and George Grimshaw of Flytampa for there help to make AES possible at the Airports.

Note: The airline signs at the jetways are missing in this release and will follow with one of the next updates.

Other Changes:

• Some minor changes and fixes are done related to the feedback of costumers.

What is new in Version 1.21:

Automatic Parking

When you set the Aircraft via FS Menu or Flightplanner, sometimes the jetways don’t start to move. This is related to the Airport Facility Files (AFCad) and the size of the Aircraft. Now, there is a feature in AES implemented, which makes it possible to correct the parking of the aircraft automatically:

• Set Parking-brakes and switch of the engines

• AES will give the announcement „Blocks in Position“

• Now open the AES Menu via Ctrl-Shift-W

• Press the F3 key

• Now you get the command to „Release Brakes“

• When the brakes are released, the aircraft is moving automatically to the correct place at the position

• Then you get the command „Set Parking-brakes“

• When you have set the brakes, the position operation is restarted and the jetways will start to move.

Automatic Aircraft – Change - Detection

When you change the Aircraft, while you are parked at a position, now AES will detect the change after some seconds automatically and the position operation is restarted. If the jetways not moving, use the automatic park function (see above) to move the aircraft to a correct position.

Small change in Push back-Procedure

The command to start the engines is short after starting the push.

The Ramp-Agent will now stay at the aircraft until all engines are started. Then he moves to the side and gives the hand signal.

Other small changes:

• EDDL: Pushback of positions between Terminal A and B are optimized

• EDDM: Positions with double jetways added

• EDDM: Flicker of Letter „M“ at jetways solved

• EDDM: Safegate Type 1 added at Cargo positions

• Visibility of Safegate Type 2 Letters optimized

• Reaction of engines while pressing F1/F2 in follow-me menu removed

• More little optimizations

What was new in Version 1.20:

Bonussystem

With this Version, all users which have 3 or more Credit-Packs installed in AESHelp will get one bonus credit for each installed Pack, that’s a Bonus of 10%. The bonus credits can be used as all other free credits to set the airports to Full Mode.

New Airports are available:

Aerosoft German Airports:

• EDDC – Dresden 1 Credit

• EDDM – München 3 Credits

• EDDT – Berlin Tegel 1 Credit

Simwings:

• GCFV - Fuerteventura 1 Credit

• GCGM - La Gomera 0 Credits - free

• GCHI - El Hierro 0 Credits - free

• GCLA - La Palma 0 Credits - free

• GCLP - Gran Canaria 2 Credits

• GCTS - Tenerife South 2 Credits

• GCXO - Tenerife North 1 Credit

Aerosoft

• LHBP - Budapest 3 Credits

Docking Guidance System

All airports of Pack 1-3 are now providing full functional Docking Guidance Systems, when they are used at the original Airport for the position. Beside the Marshaller, which is available at all positions, which have no automatic Guidance System, AES will no support Guidance Systems of

• Safegate (old and new style)

• FMT

• Honeywell

• and Visual Systems as used in EDDF,EDDL and EDDT

All Systems are designed to stop the aircraft exact where it has to be to fit to the jetway. This is very important at airports, where jetways are used, which are not able to turn in the door direction, like in LHBP or EDDT. If you see the wrong Aircraft-Type at the Guidance System display, please use AESHelp to check the Name entered in the aircraft configuration.

Pushback

To prevent problems with other addon tools, now it is possible to press the normal aircraft brakes to end the pushback, when you are requested to set parking-brakes (which will work as before). In this case it make sense to keep the brakes pressed, until the ground personal will give you the sign to taxi.

Follow-Me

Beside same minor changes at the car, now you can cancel the Follow-Me by pressing the AES-Keys (Ctrl-Shift-W) and F1 to Cancel the Follow-Me process. When you press the AES-Keys again, you can choice a different position of needed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello..Just upgraded AES TO 1.3.0 and everything working ok.Boston Logan works just fine, so just wanted to say thanks. It is a great addon for FS9 and find myself only flying to airports with AES. Glad to see developers are still developing products for FS9 and am glad to take advantage of such..Thanks..TH

Have to disagree!

All I end up is with a cluttered Desktop with 10 credits and and the airports show 0 credits and that is the program on my PC. What I find unusal with the a Module in the main Module folder is all it shows under AEROSOFT Pull down are items that are usally in a manual Folder.

Nothing about acess to the Program.

Actually there is no program within the download, BTW, downloaded from the Main Webpage.

To clear the desktop one has to reboot the computer.

I am in the United States and I wonder if your version of XP Pro is compatible with the United States Version. I have had other problems with European Downloads.

Thanks.

Alex

I had no problem scand. But, can anyone from aerosoft verify what heliosair said.

I'm not from Aerosoft, but I can confirm that Oliver did state that the method had been changed on an earlier thread about the add-on. They removed the "three free credits" and replaced it with zero-credit airports instead.

I'll see if I can find the thread, but it has been a while since I last saw it!

Edited to add: See http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.ph...ht=free+credits

Ian P.

• Aerosoft
Up to my knowledge it has been changed and instead they have airports with 0 credit use. So thats why you dont have credit because they give u free airports.

Indeed, my bad.

A new manual will be available this weekend.

• Aerosoft
Have to disagree!

All I end up is with a cluttered Desktop with 10 credits and and the airports show 0 credits and that is the program on my PC. What I find unusal with the a Module in the main Module folder is all it shows under AEROSOFT Pull down are items that are usally in a manual Folder.

Nothing about acess to the Program.

Actually there is no program within the download, BTW, downloaded from the Main Webpage.

To clear the desktop one has to reboot the computer.

I am in the United States and I wonder if your version of XP Pro is compatible with the United States Version. I have had other problems with European Downloads.

Thanks.

Alex

Alex, I am not sure I completely follow your message and a lot of what you write just does not compute with me.

The download does contain a setup file, if you run that the files will be installed. The is only one executable file installed (AEShelp). the other files are part of FS2004 and not designed to run without.

There are modules (dll files) installed in the modules folder, if they are not (you speak of the desktop??) it means your registry can not provide the correct path to your copy of FS. As we are fully compliant with the Designed for Windows guidelines we have to depend on the registry to find the files.

All our files are always compatible with all version of Windows (and FS) we explain on the product page or on the box.

So all in all it sounds like there is something wrong we should assist you with. If you would be so kind to describe in some detail what happens that should not happen (when needed with screen shots) we will sort it out. With several thousand copies sold we know the software should work, we just need to find out what is special on your machine.

First, I took a screen shot of what happened, however it was saved as a WPRDPAD .rtf format. Can anyone here read that format?

Let's try again! Go to page 7 of the manual where you see the two diagrams. Now add a third diagram to that, listing the airports where you can choose which one you want to use with the credits.

All I can get from the program either with FS 9 running or not is the three diagrams locked on to the desktop which cannot be removed from the desktop without rebooting.

According to my screen, I have purchased 1 credit pack and there is no indication of that on the Airport listing. That really does not matter due to

the fact that is the extent of the program and cannot proceed any further.

The only cause I can think of is somewhere from your Webpage to your server and to me something happend which I can't explain. It seems that I have only partial program, either the base back and/ or the down load for the credit pack. Anyway, the only two Program file downloads for the basic program!

Thanks!

Alex.

Thanks Shaun.

That did the trick. I believe the Manual on site was from an earlier version

since nothing was mentioned about the resolution change. Make sure this is mentioned in the revision.

Strange as it may seem, I was close to resolving the issue earlier.

While in the 1024 resolution, I should have remain there before rebooting.

This time I remain there and and everything is working. Used some credits for activation. A good sign for AEROSOFT but a bad one for me.

LOL

Thanks for the Assistance

CHEERS

Alex