Coast Guard: panel switcher for VC (small panel mod)

dswo

I like the Coast Guard package a lot, but mainly fly it from the VC. Even with TrackIR, it's not always easy to see everything on the pedestal and overhead easily. To help with this, I added the panel switcher from the 2D cockpit to the VC. This was accomplished with a simple edit of panel.cfg:

[Vcockpit01]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=1024,1024

visible=0

pixel_size=1024,1024

texture=$PFD_CLUSTER

gauge00=seahawk!vcpfd,0,0,1024

gauge01=seahawk!calculator, -100,-100,0,0

gauge02=seahawk!panelswitch, 787,3,120

The last line, beginning gauge02, is the one I added. It puts the panelswitcher in the upper right hand corner of the instrument panel, where it's usable but out of the way.

• Aerosoft
I like the Coast Guard package a lot, but mainly fly it from the VC. Even with TrackIR, it's not always easy to see everything on the pedestal and overhead easily. To help with this, I added the panel switcher from the 2D cockpit to the VC. This was accomplished with a simple edit of panel.cfg:

[Vcockpit01]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=1024,1024

visible=0

pixel_size=1024,1024

texture=$PFD_CLUSTER

gauge00=seahawk!vcpfd,0,0,1024

gauge01=seahawk!calculator, -100,-100,0,0

gauge02=seahawk!panelswitch, 787,3,120

The last line, beginning gauge02, is the one I added. It puts the panelswitcher in the upper right hand corner of the instrument panel, where it's usable but out of the way.

David, that is a pretty spiffy idea.