AES- new airports?

fulano

Hi. When will you release any info regarding the new upcoming AES supported airports? any possibility that US airports will be included?

They announced somewhere in this forum that FlyTampa airports will be next (US Airports).

Jon

• Developer

Hi,

today we will release version 1.21, without new airports, but with some internal handling optimizations and minor fixes at the existing airports.

The now I can start the development of some Flytampa Airports. Release expacted in the next 2-3 Weeks.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

• Developer
Hi

Does that mean we ll have new objects arond the aircraft like Catering truck/stairs/baggage carts? Or not yet?

Not yet.

Oliver

• Developer
""Today we will release version 1.21""

I have been to the aerosoft site and the link still shows ver 1.20.

:?:

Mike.

I wrote "we will" not "we have" or "we had". So sometimes this day (and that ends at 23:59 it will be there.

:wink:

brgds

Oliver Pabst

• Developer
hi

with you working on flytampa us airport for aes is that going to include boston aswel?

cheers

james

Yes. Boston near to finshed, so I can confirm that.

Brgds

Oliver Pabst

• Aerosoft
hi

with you working on flytampa us airport for aes is that going to include boston aswel?

cheers

james

yep... Boston , San Francisco, Midway, Seattle and Dubai (but not the older airports like Tampa and San Diego) Miami is still under discussion.

• Developer

yep... Boston , San Francisco, Midway, Seattle and Dubai (but not the older airports like Tampa and San Diego) Miami is still under discussion.

One planning info to Mathijs, and he will confirm all :D

Boston is confirmed.

Seattle and Midway seams to be possible, only minor items open to check.

SFO maybe when I don't collaps after all the gates.

Dubai is totally open at the moment, because the scenery is not AES ready and we need some more support from the developers to make it possible. So it is possible, that Dubai must wait.

Boston shows, that the US airport need a lot more time then others before: 152 Positon -most with pushback- and 86 jetways! There your eyes be bluddy after some hours of placement. But I am hard. :shock:

brgds

Oliver Pabst

brgds

Oliver

I hate to seem overly nosey but why not San Diego or Tampa? Are there problems?

Hi

And the best one, Portland from flightscenery? For when?

harpsi

Probably when they get support from the developer. We can't just assume that every developer is willing to coordinate with Aerosoft, even if it does make their product better.

Please, please do Miami. That would be really great. :D

Is there any special reason why KTPA and KSAN are not being done? That's really too bad. :cry: I would love to see these airports with AES support. It's makes them so much better. Please reconsider!

Jon

• Aerosoft

Please, please do Miami. That would be really great. :D

Is there any special reason why KTPA and KSAN are not being done? That's really too bad. :cry: I would love to see these airports with AES support. It's makes them so much better. Please reconsider!

Jon

I believe it has to do with the technology to create the scenery.

This looks like a fantastic product, however the conception of only being able to use a limited amount of 3rd party airports severely handicaps the sales possibilities. From the start AES should be compatible with all default airports in FS2004 that have scenery (not sure how many there are; 15, 20?). That alone would win over many potential buyers who would then go on to buy 3rd party airports as a consequence.

I for one do not see the point in buying AES if I am obliged to buy additional airport scenery just to get a minimum of use out of it. A shame as I would have snapped it up otherwise !!

Here's hoping this will be corrected in a new version. :(

This looks like a fantastic product, however the conception of only being able to use a limited amount of 3rd party airports severely handicaps the sales possibilities. From the start AES should be compatible with all default airports in FS2004 that have scenery (not sure how many there are; 15, 20?). That alone would win over many potential buyers who would then go on to buy 3rd party airports as a consequence.

I for one do not see the point in buying AES if I am obliged to buy additional airport scenery just to get a minimum of use out of it. A shame as I would have snapped it up otherwise !!

Have you got any idea how much work it is to make an airport compatible with AES? They have to make EVERY jetway at EVERY gate, and create the pushback path for EVERY gate individually.

It doesn't make sense to make default airports compatible with AES, as most users will fly to addon airports anyway. Also, the idea is to make addon airports as realistic as they can be by adding AES. Default airports are not a realistic representation of their real world couterpart, so it wouldn't make any sense to implement a realistic feature into an unrealistic default airport.

Jon

• Aerosoft

Always unpleasant to hear a customer who is not happy and decided not to buy, but what can be done is determined for a great deal on what information and what files are available. In this case we need the help from the designer of the airports. Now if you would be so kind to call MS and ask them to send us the airports that have gates in 3DS max format we could start. But I think you'll find that this is a rather short conversation with MS.

We done one default airport (without jetways of course) to show people who have no addon airports what is possible. But adding more default airports that look bad and where we would run into all kinds of complex compatibility issues with other 3rd party addons... well that sounds like a very bad idea.

And don't worry about the sales potential, the product is doing pretty good, lol. It is outselling anything we got online. And as it is an add-in for and add-on, it is not really expected people will buy the scenery to match AES. The product is clearly intended the other way around, adding additional features to some airports.

hi again

cant wait until the release of the flytampa airports i am just wondering are thinking of adding aes to any of the uk2000 scenerys? if so thats great. also an other question is say that all the jetways are full by ai aircraft are you going to include a feature that supplys air stairs at the remote stands

thanks in advance

jimmer

• Aerosoft
As long as everybody is mentioning there favorite Airports :wink:

Could you also do KLAX from cloud9 at some point of time 8) ? It's a great airport.

Thanks

Sorry we asked Cloud9 but they were not interested in assisting us, partly because they want to focus on FSX and partly because they are using non standard technology for their gates (at least at Amsterdam Schiphol).