Iceland X and Keflavik X seasons

david.hilker

Hey, 

I installed both sceneries in P3D v3. So far everything is working fine. But what is a bit weird for me is that Keflavik has winter textures and the rest of Iceland is still green. Is this some incompability with P3D v3 or am I missing something? 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, in FSX you have to use the season tool as desribed in the manual. And this one might not work in P3D. And as the scenery is quite old meanwhile, it is very unlikely that anything got changed here.

And dont know how you installed it in P3D, manually copying or using a migration tool. Maybe using such a tool could help.

• Deputy Sheriffs

In the folder Iceland X - priority 2 are some subfolders for the different seasons. I guess that the tool rename/copy/move those files. You can try to do so manually or you built a script you run before you start P3D. But be careful not to overwrite files without backup.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1.1.2016 at 14:47, david.hilker sagte:

Hey, 

I installed both sceneries in P3D v3. So far everything is working fine. But what is a bit weird for me is that Keflavik has winter textures and the rest of Iceland is still green. Is this some incompability with P3D v3 or am I missing something? 

I have the same "issue" with the BIKF Scenery on P3D V4.3.

Yes i know is not made for P3D. I would love to use it anyways because it works for me except the winter groundtexture. Isn´t there a way to change the texture manually ?

Thanks for any further Help!

Cheers

Stefan

• 1 year later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I think something is not working correct on your system. When you look at this review (the animated picture in te middle), you'll see that the coverage with snow changes each month:
http://mutleyshangar.com/reviews/mic/icex/icex.htm

Maybe there is a conflict with other addons, like the demo version from Orbx, incorrect scenery order or another addon.

As I do not use FSX anymore, you might wait until somebody else jumps in or you contact support at: https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/home

Sorry, my bad - the winter textures are actually working correctly. I previously only checked the southern/east Iceland and it was green during the default FSX winter time (4th February). But now I also checked in January and the whole country is full of snow.

Archived