Landing elevation call

edpatino

Hi, I've noticed that a new call regarding "Landing Elevation" has been added to the checklists during the descent phase. I always ignore the call and manually skip it. What is supposed to be done after this call is made?.

Thanks for any help,

Edward

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Edward,

please tell us exactly when this call happens ........ maybe you also consider to have alook into the Vol6 StepbyStep guide........ I believe you are talking about the DH/MDA to be entered into the MCDU PERF APPR page before the DESC PREP CL.......please see chapter 5.17 #211.........

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Edward,

please tell us exactly when this call happens ........ maybe you also consider to have alook into the Vol6 StepbyStep guide........ I believe you are talking about the DH/MDA to be entered into the MCDU PERF APPR page before the DESC PREP CL.......please see chapter 5.17 #211.........

Regards,

Hanse

Hi, Hanse, the call hapens when starting the descent from cruise altitude. I think it is not related with the DH to be entered afterwards during approach, as you mention.

Regards,

Edward

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Edward, RL SOP for the A318-321 (as those are short / mid range planes) is that the F-PLAN already includes the arrival runway and procedure because the weather normally will not change during such a flight. For parallel runways even a seconday flight plan will be prepared. ATC normally just confirms the arrival runway, prodecure, STAR as well as VIA. So it is SOP and part of the descent preparation to enter all relevant data into the MCDU PERF APPR page (including the BARO / RADIO value) before starting the descent. Try it this way and I think you will not get this call which I believe is a reminder that the value is missing........

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Edward, RL SOP for the A318-321 (as those are short / mid range planes) is that the F-PLAN already includes the arrival runway and procedure because the weather normally will not change during such a flight. For parallel runways even a seconday flight plan will be prepared. ATC normally just confirms the arrival runway, prodecure, STAR as well as VIA. So it is SOP and part of the descent preparation to enter all relevant data into the MCDU PERF APPR page (including the BARO / RADIO value) before starting the descent. Try it this way and I think you will not get this call which I believe is a reminder that the value is missing........

Regards,

Rolf

Ok. Seems that's it. I'll check during next flight.

Thanks,

Edward

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived