Update: BeaverX updated to version 2.10

• Aerosoft

Gentlemen, we have just added the 2.10 update file for the BeaverX to our support database. The following items have been worked on.

- Adds glass to external views

- Adds smoke to Tundra startup

- Adds 2 new views (Engine Instruments and GPS)

- Adds ADF instead of clock

- Adds thumbnail Kenmore Beaver

- Corrects airspeed indicator (now fully mph)

- Corrects Whiskey compass (more stable)

- Strengthening of ski gear

- Updated manual to reflect changes

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

- Open www.aerosoft.com and navigate to the language selection of your choice.

- Select Service: FAQ's + Patches.

- To access the Support Database you will need to log on. Please note you can use same login code you used for the download shop section.

- Now select the product and click Next

- You will be presented with a list of all items in the database regarding this product. Click on the item you wish to open.

- If there is a download with the item you will also see the download link.

- Please note there could be seperate downloads for download or boxed versions.

- Most updates will require you to insert the same information needed for the original file

(email address and code for download products or the serial code for the boxed products)

• Aerosoft
Great work! But I'm gonna miss the clock. It was beautiful!

Cheers,

Sérgio

Yeah, but if you don't use ADF a lot you can still use it, this is in the manual about that;

Although ADF navigation is not very often practiced these days, we were asked by some customers to included an ADF gauge and in version 2.10 we done so. It is a standard gauge, easy to read and operate. Should you prefer the clock there you can edit the panel.cfg file and show that one. See below.

The clock... Okay, it is not the most exiting gauge, but we got this clock from a Russian friend and it comes from a Russian bomber and we love it. It shows seconds, minutes, hours and even date (oaky day in the month only). It is solid 1950’s mechanical stuff and it even winds itself up when the aircraft moves. It’s far more cool then the digital pilots watch on your wrist.

To change the instrument shown, you can edit the panel.cfg that you will find at SimObjectsAirplanesAerosoft Beaver Standard WheelsPanel.

Look for these lines:

//gauge05=beaver!clock, 1,116,113,112

gauge05=beaver!adf, 6,116,105,105

Editing is easy, the gauge on the line that starts with // is not shown. You cannot show both gauges at the same time.

You guys are awesome... This plane was already the best and it is getting better by the minute!

Thanks for your quick reply, Mathijs. I've posted while at work (checking Aerosoft for news every hour...) and had not seen the docs.

Cheers,

Sérgio

Although ADF navigation is not very often practiced these days, we were asked by some customers to included an ADF gauge and in version 2.10 we done so.

Hi Mathijs,

No offense, since I absolutely love this plane and am very happy with the update, but why did you guys put in an ADF radio in the first place?

In my BeaverX, I removed the checklist in favor of the the clock.

I made it a tad smaller to fit in to the left of the ADF, cause no one can live witout a clock and I´m using paper checklists anyway :=)

Wothan

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

No offense, since I absolutely love this plane and am very happy with the update, but why did you guys put in an ADF radio in the first place?

Well to be totally honest, it sort of slipped in the radio set and as we only use ADF for navigation we never noticed the actual thew readout was missing. That's how things are, sometimes you find the little stuff and the glaring problem is missed.

But it makes sense, you either have two GPS's or you need a GPS and a ADF in many parts of the world.

• Aerosoft
In my BeaverX, I removed the checklist in favor of the the clock.

I made it a tad smaller to fit in to the left of the ADF, cause no one can live witout a clock and I´m using paper checklists anyway :=)

Wothan

Send me a screenshot please.

Hi Mathjiskok

Here is a screenshot of my panel:

Well I know there is no resses in the panel for the clock, but I think its looking OK as it is.

Best regards (and by the way thanks alot for an outstanding aircraft)

Wothan

• Aerosoft
It would be easy to create a recess for the clock (the one below is just a 2 second fiddle).

I agree, would make it look a bit better. But where do I stick the checklists? I don't want to loose out on the nice spoken checklist feature.

Not that I´m using the checklists, but I do agree that it´s a nice feature.

What about beneath the whiskey compass or between the door frame and the GPS ?

Only sugestions !

For navigation a clock is essential for timing procedure turns, nonprecision approaches (fx. NDB say ADF) or plain dead reckoning (navigation by the use of compass, speed, wind direction-strenght and TIME) etc.

Wothan

I agree, would make it look a bit better. But where do I stick the checklists? I don't want to loose out on the nice spoken checklist feature.

It was fun to listen to them when I first bought the beaver for fs9, but I only listened once or twice. Generally, a Beaver Pilot would not have anyone calling out a checklist, would they? If you want to keep it, you could just put a small icon somewhere perhaps.

They are indeed a nice feature, but I agree with what has been said before; how often do you let someone read the checklist to you?

Maybe in a future update you could put in the option to swap the checklist with the clock, just like it is now possible to swap the ADF receiver with the clock :)

• Aerosoft

They are indeed a nice feature, but I agree with what has been said before; how often do you let someone read the checklist to you?

Maybe in a future update you could put in the option to swap the checklist with the clock, just like it is now possible to swap the ADF receiver with the clock :)

Not so easy as it means a replacement of all MDL files (about 40 Mb minimal) because the clock needs to be 'inserted' into the dash.

Not so easy as it means a replacement of all MDL files (about 40 Mb minimal) because the clock needs to be 'inserted' into the dash.

Never said it was easy :P Seriously, a simple bitmap edit and a new position for the clock as shown above isn't enough? I used to edit a lot of panels this way. If it is, the problem must be in repositioning the checklist somewhere. Still don't know enough about aircraft building for FS :roll:

• Aerosoft

Never said it was easy :P Seriously, a simple bitmap edit and a new position for the clock as shown above isn't enough? I used to edit a lot of panels this way. If it is, the problem must be in repositioning the checklist somewhere. Still don't know enough about aircraft building for FS :roll:

For a 2d panel that would be enough indeed, but in our VC all the gauges are set 'deep' in the panel. But I will look at it next week.

For a 2d panel that would be enough indeed, but in our VC all the gauges are set 'deep' in the panel. But I will look at it next week.

Yeah, I know. Some VC's don't allow all kinds of editing because of the model. Would be great if you could look into it! Thanx :)

Bonjour à tous,

I don't understand your recent announcement of the v 2.1 for the Beaver FSX.

I've built the Beaver FSX in January and the doc said version 2.0.

In my account page the only new file downloadable to day is an appendix for the documentation.

Where is this v2.1 upgrade hidden ?

Thanks for your help.

Bonjour à tous,

I don't understand your recent announcement of the v 2.1 for the Beaver FSX.

I've built the Beaver FSX in January and the doc said version 2.0.

In my account page the only new file downloadable to day is an appendix for the documentation.

Where is this v2.1 upgrade hidden ?

Thanks for your help.

Follow the instructions as stated on the previous page, sorry I use the English Language site :oops:

- Open www.aerosoft.com and navigate to the language selection of your choice.

- Select Service: FAQ's/Updates.

- To access the Support Database you will need to log on. Please note you can use same login code you used for the download shop section.

- Now select the product (BEAVERX) and click Next

- You will be presented with a list of all items in the database regarding this product. Click on the item you wish to open.

- If there is a download with the item you will also see the download link.

That should take you to the download, best of luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Small question about BeaverX. I like a music when I fly, so always I used panel CD for FS2004 and now in FSX too :D But, when I added this small new for DHC-2 gauge (Shift+1 as a normal 2d panel) I have black line below (when panel 2d is "on"). Perhaps its only modification of possision or resolution of transparency - must add [views] (hmm?). Any Idea how ???

It looks like this:

VC self / VC with 2d CD/Radio panel

cdpanelpk9.th.jpg

Example from panel cfg. :

--------------------------------------------------

[Window Titles]

Window01=Radio/CD Player

[Window01]

size_mm=300,93

position=2

visible=1

ident=60

sizeable=1

window_size= 0.293, 0.121

window_pos= 0.707, 0.000

gauge00=radiocd4!radiocd, 0, 0, 300

//--------------------------------------------------------

[Vcockpit01]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=512,512

visible=1

pixel_size=1024,1024

texture=$DHC_1

gauge00=beaver!suction, 1,411,79,79

gauge01=beaver!asi, 2,1,110,110

gauge02=beaver!attitude,

ECT .....

Thx in advance 8)

Edit: Ups sorry, I found the answer > http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=10556

(right but I have this 2d panel with the others airplane from FSX, deafault and free addons and is ok)