Hi all,

I'm trying to fly out this precios bird (the aeroproyectos one) but I can't plan a single flight justo becouse I always get this message: "FUEL REQUIRED EXCEEDS FUEL CAPACITY" even if the distance to beat is pretty short. Pls any  help would be apretiated

Greets 

Paco

Hi Paco, can you provide more information? Are you using the .per file from airlinerperformance.net? I just downloaded the online file again to check and it worked fine for me for a short (EXT-EMA) and long (EXT-ABZ) sectors. That file's also attached for reference.

Jon

Embraer 110P1-P2 Bandeirante_v1.00.per

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your answer. I was already using that .per file and knowing that it worked fine for you made me move in other direction so I founded. It was in the "regional configuration" of the control panel of windows, just change the dot character for the comma character and that was all.

Happy new year

Paco

Good to know it's working OK for you now Paco.

I capped the altitudes on the basis of operating non-oxygen, but I can probably go back and lift those if you'd prefer. I remember back in the day one competitor doing freight flights across the Alps with the guys on oxygen. Always struck me that they were turning a blind eye to terrain if an engine failed at the wrong time, but fortunately it never happened. They were night flights so at least you couldn't see the mountains, they'd look awful close at Bandit levels. Hey ho those were the days.

Jon

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Thies, I think if you select Weitere Einstellungen (Additional settings?) it'll open a second Customize Format window and you can change the Decimal symbol and Digit grouping symbols there.

Apologies for my vagueness, I use a US/UK setting. I suspect that the compiler for the .per files may be coding these separators in such a way that a European Windows setting cannot read them properly, hence the fuel error message. That's something way beyond my basic knowledge. Can I ask if this happens with any other .per files on your system?

Jon

Just checked it out, nice page, but the MTOW for the A330-343 is not correct. 233t and not 215t woulda be correct and 18 tons are a big difference. The A330-302 has the correct MTOW :) 

Thanks anyways :)

Thies

There are more Weight Variants offered by Airbus than you can shake a stick at, not every airline needs high gross weight options, higher weight means more cost. You can edit the weights, seating capacity, fuel, etc. within PFPX to meet your own particular requirements or to match specific airline configs and save as different registrations so you don't have to limit yourself to the default numbers. The underlying performance data in each file covers up to the highest option takeoff weight for each type.

Yeah, but the MTOW is limited to 215t in the performance file, but most of the airlines use 233t. But its acutally pretty ok to plan your flight with an A330-302 and fly with an A330-343 :9

Thies

Thies, just Edit the weights in the Aircraft Database within PFPX to change your MTOW on the -343 (and the MLW etc if you wish). I've done it just now, the underlying data in the performance file covers the higher MTOW you want to use. save the aircraft with the new weights and hey presto you've got the right variant at the right weight.

Vor 1 Stunde, BW901 sagte:

Thies, just Edit the weights in the Aircraft Database within PFPX to change your MTOW on the -343 (and the MLW etc if you wish). I've done it just now, the underlying data in the performance file covers the higher MTOW you want to use. save the aircraft with the new weights and hey presto you've got the right variant at the right weight.

Tried this before but its not possible for me. Everytime i changed it to 233.000 it automatically changed back to 215.000 kg, so its not possible to change it.

Archived