Weird elevation problems at Flamingo

Cyberstudio

Hi guys!

I need some help here.

I got this scenery a while back and just downloaded the p3dv3 installer now.

The problem is this: If i go to the outside view and try to move the camera to get it near the plane and close to the ground, then the camera goes "below the scenery",  please look at the screenshot of the floating raptor.

If instead i look at the plane from above, everything looks fine, except for the fact that the plane doesnt show any shadow (Because its being cast below the scenery). Its like the scenery its floating or something.

The asphalt on the runway and taxyway also shows a lot of shimmering.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Take a look into the menu on top of this page. There you will find an item "Support and Updates" and below that select "Contact Support". 

Hi,

Just to say I'm having similar issues. It seems like it is a ORBX vector elevation problem but for some reason the correction tool won't pick up Bonaire airport, so I can't fix it :S.

The aircraft loads underneath the runway (if you look really really carefully you can just about see the tips of the vertical stabilisers of the F35 in the screenshots), when selecting the 'active runway', and there are areas of terrain encroaching on the runway. I've noticed AI traffic also lands underneath the runway. I also tried deactivating the My traffic 6 TNCB AFCAD file to see if that fixed the problem but it made no difference.

Here are some screen shots demonstrating the issue.

1 P3D v3.1
2 FreeMeshX

Disabling Freemesh South America and Central America fixed the problem!! So is this something that the airport or mesh developer needs to fix? EDIT: I noticed that the default airport isn't affected.

Thanks! 

Ah, looks like i spoke to early. On my case now there is an invisible wall that makes the airplane crash while flying over the the runway 10 and the plane still shows no shadow.

Im using orbx vector and fs global ultimate x

Hello;

I had a problem like that,just swap the order of the 2 files in your scenery,and then try it,that worked for me.Im using Vector,and FS Global as well,make sure that you run the Vector tool.Im running PrePar 3D Version 3.1,the latest version.Oh yea,if you are using a Traffic program,don't forget to rename the bgl file for the airport.

Mark

Thanks for the tip, wingnut.

On my case it somewhat helps. For example, the AI aircraft aren't sunken into the ground anymore, as you can see in the following screenshot, but if you move the camera to a lower view angle the scenery is still floating :\

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is quite normal, when you have to modell an airport with different elevations. So no need to worry about ist.

Also to add: in the folder ...Bonaire X\Bonaire_Alpha\Scenery\rename the file AFX_XXXX.bgl to AFX_XXXX.off

Same applies to a file AFX_TNCB_ALT.bgl in the folder ..\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\

Hi mopperle.

If i rename the file as you requested, now my aircraft is sunken intro the ground. The raptor is there, just below the parking.

The one located in:

E:\P3D\Aerosoft\Bonaire X\Bonaire_Alpha\Scenery

AFX_XXXX.bgl

To

AFX_XXXX.off

Its the only file in that folder.

Also, i don't have the file AFX_TNCB_ALT.bgl in Scenery\World\scenery. It doesn't exist anywhere on my P3D installation folder.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, but then you didn't apply the posted fix in post #9 correctly

Also, i don't have the file AFX_TNCB_ALT.bgl in Scenery\World\scenery. It doesn't exist anywhere on my P3D installation folder.

This is correct for P3D

Hi!

sorry, you're right. Its applied now.

In 

E:\P3D\Aerosoft\Bonaire X\Bonaire_Alpha\Scenery i have the following files:

AFX_TNCX.bgl

and 

AFX_XXXX.off

But all the problems persist, including the invisible wall that makes me crash on approach as shown in this screenshot. That's in the air, there's no crash with any visible scenery object.

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, the only problem I see currently is the crash which has already been reported to the dev. But as I always turn off this unrealistic feature, niot really a problem for me.

Thanks!

This is the expected behavior then? I can land and take off without issues (apart from the crash on takeoff), i guess i can use it like that just disabling the crash option. Will it be fixed?

When you say that this has been reported to the dev, isn't the dev Aerosoft?

Thanks again!

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, the scenery is not done internally by Aerosoft, but i talked to the dev and he promised to have a look at it after the holidays.

And yes, if you turn off crash detection it will work.

Archived