Seahawk and Jayhawk Problems.... Can You Help Me ???

mannyrivera

I owned the Seahawk / Jahawk Helicopter from Aerosoft. I really dont use it much, But recently I try using it and the helicopter when BONKERS !!!

It is all out of control the flight dynamics are all of it flys like the tail rotor is missing. Absolutely out of control.

I unistalled the helicopter and reinstalled it back and continued having the same problem. Not sure if it has something to do with other Add-ons, maybe !!!

Can you help me ???

Check page 43 of the manual Manny and adjust your realism settings.

If those aren't set correctly, a helicopter can fly like a tank and you'll have little or no control over it.

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem.

I'm flying helis for over one year now and I would say that I'm somehow experienced in doing so. Besides others I'm flying the sophisticated Bell 412 by Jordan Moore under any condition, BUT I'm still unable to get the Jayhawk stable.

I'm always starting cold and dark, but this bird is twisting around like a R22 or Schweizer in a thunderstorm.

Any suggestions??

Hi Mate,

The usual reason for any heli to feel out of control is that you've allowed it to go backwards at to high a speed. Are you sure you're not trying to hover with to high a nose attitude?? Have a look HERE (Right Click and save as it's a vid) to see that they are both flyable.

If it's not that I'd double check your controls are calibrated correctly. Personaly I find the Jay/Seahawks more stable than the default bell (expecialy in FS9) even when using higher realism settings than are stated in the manual.

Show some pics of your realism/control settings so we can at least rule that out.

Hi Richard,

I know the conditions a helicopter gets unstable well. The problems start when I leave the ground: I can't get it into a stable hover (which I'm able to do with ANY other heli I own).

And even in forward flight (and with no wind) it shakes around. And yes, the controls are callibrated.

I have a pair of pedals and the Saitek X52; all controls work fine with any other heli (and even all planks). Nevertheless I recallibrated them, but the problem still remains.

Hello mzapp,

Do you have a another joystick you can try flying it with to see if its more stable, as many 1000's of others have been flying this chopper for ages, it might be system specific.