Frankfurt problems with runways and AES

Rafal Haczek

Hi there!

Last days I've been trying to solve two problems with Mega Airport Frankfurt scenery (order no.1000020249).

But since I didn't succeed, I decided to ask for help here.

1. My EDDF runways 07/25 look bad. Like they had no textures (they are grey) or the textures were very pale or dim.

But runway 18... looks normal.

Here you can see the picture showing the problem (please compare rwys 18 and 07):

EDDF.jpg

I'm using UT Europe and GE. My EDDF entries in the scenery library are in the following order (after UTE and not "covered" by any other scenery):

[Area.048] - EDDF_LC

[Area.049] - EDDF_2005

[Area.050] - AESliteforGAP-EDDF

2. On approach to EDDF I get the message of AES incompatibility. I've made a search here on the Forum and have found a file (AES-Fix-120a) to patch it.

The problem is that after the bgl exchange when I launch FS9 I cannot go directly (by Airport Select) to any of the AES airports since FS automatically terminates showing an UNKNOWN error.

The solution is to reinstal AES 1.2 but then I get the incompatibility report again.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance,

Rafal

Hello Rafal,

Can you check the priority of your software and then check to see if the problem remains..

The AES-BasePack needs the highest priority so put it in the number 1 position and the EDDF entries need to be in the priority order that they are in the picture below, not necesserily in that position but the priority is important.

AES-BasePack

AESliteforGAP-EDDF

EDDF_2005

EDDF_LC

Priority.jpg

Dear Shaun,

Thanks a lot for your interest and help.

Unfortunately the priority is not the problem since mine is like the one presented in your screen.

After a few unsuccessful attempts to get the runways back, I finally deleted MAF, downloaded the installer again and made a fresh install.

This time the runways got their textures back. I don't have a slightest idea why. Do you?

But the second problem remains. Still incompatibility when landing in Frankfurt.

For now the result is that after applying the patch FS terminates while trying to load any AES airport (EDDF and LOWW in my case).

I will try to play with AES-Fix-120a more tomorrow. Or maybe the announced 1.21 version will make it easier?

By the way: does the fact that AES needs the highest priority mean than after installing every single scenery into my FS9 I'll have to move it again in the scenery library?

Best regards and have a good night,

Rafal

P.S. Except for the above problem I find AES a gorgeous product!

Just bring us more airports (like EGLL/EGKK, LFPG, EFHK, LIRF, LIMC, ESSA, EKCH, EHAM...)! :wink:

Hello Rafal,

Only airports that are being used by AES need to have a lower priority.

Can try removing your FS9.cfg to a safe location then delete the original and then start FS9 and see if the problem still remains regarding the crash.

Also you may want to check to see if you have duplicate AFCADS for EDDF

This can be done by using a facility like Lee Swordy AFCAD found at www.avsim.com

• Developer

Hi,

AESHelp will check and correct the Position of the AES-Basepack in the Library every time it is started. So, when you install a Airport-Scenery (which is AES releated), start after the install the AESHelp to get the order fixed.

The Version confict without the patch will only happen, when you leave one airport and go back to the same one. With the patch by replaceing the BGL in the AESScenery directory, this is fixed.

When you still have this message, you have a mix in the AES file, which should only happen, when you copy manually files of older versions.

With Version 1.21 of end this week, all should be fixed too.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Shaun and Oliver,

Thank you both for your immediate assistance.

You guys really have axcellent support here at Aerosoft.

Pure pleasure to buy your great products and use them not being let alone.

I'll wait for AES 1.21 till the end of the week to apply it.

There is really no need for me now to fly round trips to Frankfurt.

Just like you said: it happens only while coming back to the departure airport.

And I hope new airports will be coming soon to get credits for and enjoy the AES world.

As I seem to be getting strange problems, think of making me a beta tester for future! :lol:

Best regards,

Rafal