Coast Guard in FSX

dswo

I know the current fix is just Quick and Dirty. Still, if anyone knows the answers to the following, I would be grateful:

1. FSX makes helos more stable. What is the recommended realism setting for Coast Guard in FSX?

2. In FSX, I hear "Don't sink" and "Too low: terrain" messages when I get close to the ground. Maybe I'm flying it the wrong way, but these don't seem to make sense for a helicopter, and I didn't hear them in FS9. Is there a way to turn them off?

3. Has anyone managed to get AFCS working in FSX? For example, when I try to take off by setting a radar altitude, the helicopter creeps forward but doesn't actually gain altitude. Similarly, when I set it to maintain a baro altitude, the helicopter starts losing altitude and, if left that way, will run into the ground.

The following isn't a question, just a note. The implementation of FSX views is excellent. But the "Overhead" view is actually another "Pedestal" view. Something for a future update...

Some more info: with AFCS, part of the problem was I had realism all the way up. (See question #1.) Putting it about 55%, the AFCS could function somewhat. I could get off the ground with RADAR ALT, but only about 10 feet (when I called for 100 or more). Then, when I added a lot of forward speed (100+ knots), the nose would drop to gain speed and the aircraft would lose altitude --> crash.