FSX Katana - Flashing Radio Stack VC

flyingnut

Here's a screenshot. The dashed white lines around the radio stack move around/flash when that is any movement in the VC. (ie. panning with the hat switch or using TrackIR) It reminds me of making a selection in Photoshop; and having what I call "dancing ants" around the object selected.

Marty

As an added note, FSD had a similar problem with their FSX PC-6 Porter. They just released a fix last week for it.

Looking at Mathjis' FSX screenshots in the other forum, the first shot appears to have the problem; the dashed lines around the radio stack. Of course, the are still shots that show movement/flashing.

Marty

Hello Gents,

Looking at this issue and the default Cessna 172SP's radios it seems to be something that is happening within FSX and not necesserily a problem with the KatanaX or BeaverX.

Something we may have to learn to live with.

As for FSD I have'nt got the aircraft so would'nt know what they did to fix it i'm afraid to say, did you notice what they might have changed like the thickness of the white line or colour etc when they fixed it.

Marty I noticed this issue when antialiasing was either turned off or running from the sim. When it was disabled in the sim but run from my GX card the border vanished. Could this be the format of the textures in this area?