FSX/P3D dual install with AS Airbus

CheapCharlie

Presently, I am running boxed FSX.  I have been looking at purchasing P3DV2.5 or 3.0.  If I install P3D during the trial period, can I maintain a dual installation of Airbus A313/319/320/321 in FSX boxed and P3D?  Will there be any activation issues when installing a second copy?  BTW, I was wondering what is the general consensus of AS Airbus and detailed European Airports in P3DV2.5 as opposed 3.0 as far as VAS usage is concerned?        

• Deputy Sheriffs

There are no problems in running FSX and P3D simultaneously and having the AS bus installed in both of them. 

Furthermore there are no VAS problems with P3Dv3. In fact the opposite is true. P3Dv3 comes with a perfectly working VAS management. I wasn't able to run it into an OOM until now. 

"Furthermore there are no VAS problems with P3Dv3. In fact the opposite is true. P3Dv3 comes with a perfectly working VAS management. I wasn't able to run it into an OOM until now."

Forgive me, I did not correctly word my question.  I meant to ask, if I uses AS Airbus in heavily detailed AS European Airports, will P3DV2.5 have VAS management issues including OOM?  If so, does that mean I should only purchase P3DV3 and move forward from there?    

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you do some proper add on management (e.g. by using SimStarter) you will not run into OOMs caused by the bus or your airports. Of course, with having all add on enabled, even those you are not currently using there is always a good chance for OOMs. 

With P3Dv3 things are different. I have all my 60+ airports in Europe active and don't run into OOMs. 

As P3Dv2 is a dead end I would suggest to update to v3 anyway, but the VAS management is already reason enough to do so (in my opinion). 

Archived