Beaver X Exterior - can resolution be changed?

aspenleaf

I just bought the new Beaver X and in general I am very pleased with it. However, the resolution of the exterior images seems to be a lot lower than the Beaver that comes with FSX. There are jagged lines in the graphics, and overall it just doesn't look very detailed. Is there a way to load higher resolution images? I am using 1600 x 1200 32 bit in FSX, and have antialiasing and anistropic filtering enabled in FSX. My graphics card is an Nvidia 7900GS using the latest drivers, and the high quaility image setting, and application controled for AA and filtering. Thanks for any help.

• Aerosoft
I just bought the new Beaver X and in general I am very pleased with it. However, the resolution of the exterior images seems to be a lot lower than the Beaver that comes with FSX. There are jagged lines in the graphics, and overall it just doesn't look very detailed. Is there a way to load higher resolution images? I am using 1600 x 1200 32 bit in FSX, and have antialiasing and anistropic filtering enabled in FSX. My graphics card is an Nvidia 7900GS using the latest drivers, and the high quaility image setting, and application controled for AA and filtering. Thanks for any help.

I know what you mean. We basically use the same size as in FS2004 and it is very sharp there. It's the bump mapping and other texture map technology we experimented with that caused the effect you see. How it actually looks depends a lot on the graphics card. With future projects we'll probably lower the extensive use of bumpmaps.

Are there settings in the Nvidia drivers, or FSX, that would help? I have to say I am disappointed. I wish there had been a demo I could have downloaded before I made the decision to buy.

Hi,

You can try to disable AA and filtering in FSX and set those parameters in the Nvidia control panel. I have a 7900GTX card and have better results with that configuration

Cheers

• Aerosoft
Are there settings in the Nvidia drivers, or FSX, that would help? I have to say I am disappointed. I wish there had been a demo I could have downloaded before I made the decision to buy.

Well, not to be nasty, but you started your original message by saying your were very pleased with the product, that does not sound terribly disappointed. Normally customers who are very pleased are the customers who like the product and do not regret spending the $15 they did. We did not want to do the aircraft as MS did it, looking good from very close up, but decided to go for a look that still keeps some effects at a dozen feet.

The settings are shared between the driver and FSX, what take preference is not clear in most cases unfortunately. It depends often on the driver if FS uses the setting from the game or the OS. We do know that the aircraft does not look as good on Nvidia as it does on ATI hardware. ATI cards seem to be better tuned for FSX at this moment, something that can change at any moment of course as a new driver is released. .

I am adding two shots to this mail, see the comments for more info.