Beaver X gauges

low-n-slow

Hello,

I purchased the Beaver X the other day and am very impressed. Now, I know why the FS9 Aerosoft Beaver owners raved so much about their copies.

I use TrackIR and the VC cockpit layout works very well with the ability to swivel the head.

When I first got the Beaver X, I tended to agree with some of the other postings that were discussing pop-up gauges for better instrument views. Then, I got around to re-reading your manual and finally understood how FSX uses the S key for views and the A key to move within views. Once I understood that (how had I missed it before?), I see that your Beaver X has good views of the instruments when a closer view is needed. I programmed it to one of my CH yoke buttons and problem solved.

There is one area of gauge visibility that has not been discussed so far, and I would like to address it here - that is the poor gauge visibility during low light conditions.

The Beaver has good gauge visibility during full daylight hours and full night. The night lights are particularly effective in a dark night.

The problem comes in during low light times like dusk and dawn. At that time, I can find no mode that allows for viewing of the gauges. Particularly the RPM and Manifold gauges.

There are several solutions, one that comes to mind would be a two stage night light that has higher intensity during low light times to flood the panel with light and a second lower intensity setting for true night time. A reostat would be even more impressive.

Some developers like Milton Shupe solved the issue with a panel icon that provides a day-time back-lighting to sharpen the gauges during low light times.

I look forward to the evolution of the Beaver X. It has the potential to become one of the mainstays of FSX for back woods bush pilots just like the real one. Thanks

• Aerosoft
Perhaps just having a dome light, separate from the panel lights could be an option.

If FSX would allow more lights yes... Night VC lighting has been a major fight during the beta test but MS has not responded to our please for more (or at least equal to FS2004) flexibility at that stage.