Weather not Updating - Dec 13th

Just started up PFPX and noticed the weather is not updating - (it is Dec 13th at 12:40AM UTC), Also noticed that in Options -> General - both program version and server subscription (which was just renewed a few weeks back) is stuck on `connecting to server`.

Anyone else experience the same and/or  heard of further maintenance on the servers beyond the Dec 7th/8th work announced here

Regards -

- Jim

Yes, I'm having this problem right at the moment too.  My weather is not updating.

Based on your experience, I checked my "Available Version" and "Server Subscription" and they (like yours) are stuck connecting to the server.

I am connecting from an IP in Australia, fwiw.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This can't be a general problem, as it works perfectly fine on my side:

Please login to display this image.

Can you confirm, that you don't have any kind of network problem on your side (firewall, anti virus software, router) that block communication?

Have there been any software updates lately on your machine?

No antivirus running but had a windows update a few days ago from memory. 

I too am in Australia and wonder if its something wierd here.  Tracks are updating just not any weather.

Hope we can find what is going on.

Bluey

Online service has been ok all morning here in the UK.

Try closing PFPX, deleting ~LastWeather.tmp , ~OTS.tmp , ~NOTAMs.tmp located C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\Temp .

This will cause PFPX to attempt an update on restart and has been known to resolve problems in the past. As TRACKS update infrequently it will also indicate if it is indeed updating separately to the weather,

It is working for me again this evening. I had no network issues - did a flight on vatsim and was using various other online resources while PFPX was unable to get weather. I have flightsim commander and it was able to download weather fine.

Regards - Jim

Archived