Auto Pilot problem

Mauleflyer

I'm running in P3DV3. Everything seems okay except the altitude hold for the autopilot doesn't work or maybe I don't know how to use it. I put the altitude in the box but it does nothing. When I engage the altitude in the autopilot the plane starts an agressive altitude somewhere, nothing relevant to what's in the box. All other aspects of the autopilot are ok. Any help for this?

3 hours ago, Mauleflyer said:

I'm running in P3DV3. Everything seems okay except the altitude hold for the autopilot doesn't work or maybe I don't know how to use it. I put the altitude in the box but it does nothing. When I engage the altitude in the autopilot the plane starts an agressive altitude somewhere, nothing relevant to what's in the box. All other aspects of the autopilot are ok. Any help for this?

I think you are mixing up two separate but linked systems. Your options are:

(1) Press the ALT button. If ALT hold was on, it is switched off. If it was off, it switches on and holds the current altitude.

(2) To climb or descend to a specific altitude, set the target altitude in the SET ALTITUDE window, press the ALT ALERT button and then initiate a climb or descent by nudging the pitch wheel on the yoke pedestal a few times. (Note that this did not involve pressing the ALT button.) You will get a chime 1000ft before the target altitude is reached. When the desired altitude is reached, the ALT ALERT light will go out and the indicator on the ALT button will illuminate. The target altitude will be held.

If you disconnect the autopilot with the ALT button's indicator illuminated, it will remember the altitude it was holding and try to re-attain it when you switch the autopilot back on.

Archived