lower ECAM stuck at FCTL page

bpcw001

Seemingly on a random basis, when loading the A320 (default state cold and dark) and then firing up the systems, the lower ecam page is stuck at the flight ctrl page ( it should display the doors page) and i have to manually select the page i want to see (e. g. the engine page for engine start which should be automatically switched to when turning the ignition switch into the ign/start position). After having finished engine startup and other pre-taxi settings and having taxied for a while, the lower ecam suddenly swaps to the wheels page as it should be and from then on everything works normally.

Anybody experienced this behavior? What could cause that? 

I have first officer and checklist functionality turned off, but I am using AES.

1.31 on FSX SP2, Win 7 pro

Ok. Thanks for your replies. Since this does not seem to be a generally observed issue, I'll check my system configuration.
Always good to know that it's not a problem with the Airbus as such.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I know the thread is quite old. Still, the issue persists.

I was wondering if there is meanwhile some more insight into this issue?

It appears that if I load the default flight first and then the A320/321, it happens a lot less frequently than when selecting the A320/321 right away.

I also tried to make the F/CTL page come up intentionally when moving the control surfaces when parked (even with yellow elec hyd pump on), but as it should be, the page will not show.

This should disprove the control spike theory.

Any insights?

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am not aware that this problem popped up again in the forums since then.

The upcoming new buses have complete overhauled systems, so chances are high this problem will be gone with them.

4 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

I am not aware that this problem popped up again in the forums since then.

The upcoming new buses have complete overhauled systems, so chances are high this problem will be gone with them.

Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to the new buses ... :-) 

I think I found out what causes this.

If FSUIPC is used, and the option to extend battery life indefinitely is turned on, the shutdown to cold & dark if C&D is set as the default state does not work correctly when the Airbus is loaded, thus giving rise to the stuck F/CTL page.

I turned off that option in FSUPC and have not had a case of stuck F/CTL page since.

Archived