add an airport to the database

Urvaksh Mogrelia

So i just got the airport design editor and i wanted to make a new airport fairly close to my primary home and i did so but now i face the problem of using that airport in a flight plan as it doesnt show up. I also added a runway to my home airport but even that didnt show up in the mcdu. It always asks me to create a new waypoint . Is there anyway i can add things( runways, airports ) to the database so that i can use them ?

I have aerosoft's A319/20/21 

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is more of a Navdatapro/Navigraph question than an AS Airbus thing. I will move the question to the tweaking section as it is more appropriate there but I suggest you also ask this at the support forum of Navdatapro or Navigraph if you use that.

ps, here is the link to the Navdatapro support section: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/578-navdatapro/

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This is more of a Navdatapro/Navigraph question than an AS Airbus thing. I will move the question to the tweaking section as it is more appropriate there but I suggest you also ask this at the support forum of Navdatapro or Navigraph if you use that.

ps, here is the link to the Navdatapro support section: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/578-navdatapro/

i just want to know how to add a runway from the mcdu therefore i posted it here :/

That's because the Airbus uses real world navigation data.
As your airport/runway don't exist in real life the Airbus doesn't know about them.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The MCDU does not have the option to add runways therefor it must be done via an edit in the program files of the the database you use.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

The MCDU does not have the option to add runways therefor it must be done via an edit in the program files of the the database you use.

an update 

i was able to create a new runway using pilot nav aids 

but i still want to know how to edit the database if anyone knows how 

i want to add an airport with two runways and a vor

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

That's because the Airbus uses real world navigation data.
As your airport/runway don't exist in real life the Airbus doesn't know about them.

is there no way to get the database updated?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, no. It is a real world database and we are not allowed to edit it and can not provide you with the necessary details of  the database format.

Archived