SODE issues

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 18 Stunden , flightmanager sagte:

@data63 Ist ja ein Windows Installer, nur "Installieren" mit Rechts Klick erscheint. 

Have you done that in a user account with admin rights?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vor 18 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

Have you done that in a user account with admin rights?

See attachment for Setup: Right click on Installieren (in english: Install).

Is there another way for Setup?

Please login to display this image.

vor 23 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

Have you manually checked if the the dll.xml and exe.xml files are in the path?

If remember correct in a fresh install of Fsx one of the files is not present. Maybe one of the files is damaged.

Could you post your dll.xml, exe.xml and fsx.cfg file?

The files are present as they should be. See attachments. I sorted out some lines here, for data reasons.  

dll.xml

exe.xml

FSX.cfg

• Deputy Sheriffs

vor 3 Stunden , flightmanager sagte:

The files are present as they should be. See attachments. I sorted out some lines here, for data reasons.  

dll.xml

exe.xml

FSX.cfg

ok, it looks like that in the dll.xml your SODE is already registerd.

It is missing in exe.xml and fsx.cfg

The files itself are looking ok.

You have now two options:

1. remove the entry in dll.xml and try the tool or

2. add the entrys manually:

exe.xml:  

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SODE</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>FSX</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>

fsx.cfg:

In the [MAIN] section add:

SimObjectPaths.6=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects

SimObjectPaths.7=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects

BTW: You should remove the emty lines in your dll and exe xml files.

You should consider not to install the FSX to C:\Program Files (x86). This always leads to problems, because that is a by windows special protected folder.

In your dll this one is double:

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

And check if you have in your main FSX folder this file: CMetroXml.dll

Because it looks like a wrong writing in this section:

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>CMetroXml</Name>
        <Path>.\CMetroXml.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

It should be:

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
        <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

And this one is already in the dll.xml. So, delete the wrong.

The CMeteoXml.dll belongs to carenado addons.

Check your ORBX addons for updates.

Since a long time ORBX uses only one dll for all addons. There is no need for airport specific dlls like "ObjectFlow_EDCG.dll"

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 16 Minuten, flightmanager sagte:

Thanks for your support. But why the activation of SODE is not possible?  

I think, the tool ckechs the entry of the dll, it looks fine, then it does not write to the other files, but the status checker checks all, and then its red. Maybe a programming thing. The developer knows why.

• Developer
vor 4 Stunden , flightmanager sagte:

@12bPilot Can you give me any support on my problem? 

Difficult to tell from here, initially, the error was because the PlatformManager could not find the exe.xml.

Best approach would be a TeamViewer session, I am available this evening from 20:00 Central European Time. Please PM me if you want to have a session.

36 minutes ago, flightmanager said:

@12bPilot If the Platformmanager could not find the exe.xml, than something is wrong with this tool. Maybe you can release a SODE Version that activates automatically, like FSUIPC for example.  

flightmanager, did you take up Jeffrey's offer of a TeamViewer session? He cleared up two of my SODE problems recently. We're very fortunate that the author is willing to offer this level of service.

Couldn't agree more with you Ray. Jeffrey is very helpful and responsive. Any small problems I've found with SODE so far has been due its implementation in a scenery, rather than from SODE itself.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to work out if following my update to SODE version 1.4 i finally have everything in the right place.

I am satisfied I have SODE correctly installed in C:\Programdata with the simobject animation module,simobject display engine and the platform manager in C:\Programfiles (x86) etc etc however i note that I still have entries for SODE in my FSX folder under simobjects/misc which are specifically for ENAT, ENSH and TNCB.

For each of these 3 airports i have 1 folder with objects listed called e.g. TNCB_SODE and a second called e.g. ENAT_SODE_DYN and that folder contains an environmental data probe.

Questions:

1. do I still need the entries in FSX Simobjects for these 3 airports or should they moved to C:\program data\SODE\Simobjects where the rest of the installed airport objects are?

2. Should there still be an environmental data probe for these 3 airports in addition to the data probe which is in C:\program files {x86} etc etc SODE DATA SIMOBJECTS SODE_DYN which i understood now runs all airports?

3. for TNCB i do not have any windsocks - i have the pole they sit on but not the actual sock....is this correct? I do have the PAPI,s working correctly and controlled by TAB S.

Regards James

• Developer

Hi James,

While questions 1) and 3) are for the respective scenery developers, I can answer 2)...

There should be no other data probe object. As you figured out, the basic SODE data probe should be used for every airport. It has always been like that since the very first SODE release. I don't know why ENAT comes with an own one :blink:

It is not necessary to supply a separate data probe, unless the author had a good reason for it and is aware that he must use a different SimTitle for it (no duplicate titles allowed, could crash the sim!)

Some words on 1) 

It is *not* wrong for the developers to put their SimObjects into the Misc subfolder instead of the C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE location. It's their decision.

As long as they are not placed at both locations (did I mention that duplicates are bad), all is good. Moving files by your own is possible, but only if you know the consequences like updating eventually the texture.cfg paths, uninstaller maybe looking at the original path, etc...

All this is clearly outlined in the SODE guide for developers. I can only hope they follow those guidelines...

Hi and many thanks for the reply.

To satisfy my curiosity ref the data probes working for the 3 airports i loaded each up and followed the SODE error log. For ENSH the data probe showed as loaded up and there were no log errors.

For ENAT the data probe showed loaded up with no errors. The only error that shows for ENAT is the lack of the hangar door sound file but i seem to remember seeing another comment on this forum that the sound file was never part of the scenery download.

I deduce from this that ENAT and ENSH data probe is working correctly - great!

For TNCB i still have issues. The TNCB data probe (which i have under TNCB SODE DYN in FSX sim objects misc} shows as a warning that its not loaded in the SODE log.

The PAPI,s show as loaded and they do work but no sign of the windsock which i have missing.

I tried a test of moving TNCB SODE DYN to the program files {x86} simobjects where the main enviro probe is located with same error. I then moved it to programdata sim objects with same error response.

I then uninstalled TNCB senery and removed all SODE reference to TNCB from program data, program files and FSX simobjects misc.

I then reinstalled TNCB version 1.02.

The installer told me i had a newer version of SODE 1.4 compared to that which it was installing 1.3 and the installation completed.

The only ref to SODE now installed is the TNCB SODE xml file in program data xml folder and 2 folders in FSX simobjects misc which are TNCB SODE and TNCB SODE DYN.

I then ran FSX again with the SODE log but still same enviroprobe error which tells me somehow SODE isnt reading the scenery....correct?

Can anyone who has FSX TNCB scenery kindly load it up and check the SODE log and tell me if they get the same error and advise whether the above 2 folders are also to be found in the same location on their SIM?

Thanks!

Well after self helping and contacting the SODE developer Jeffrey I have finally resolved the data probe issue.

The xxxx SODE DYN folders are not required in FSX simobjects misc as the SODE base probe manages all the SODE scenery so I deleted them. Unfortunately I then received SODE log errors for ENAT, ENSH and TNCB.

The 3 sceneries I had issues with being ENAT, ENSH and TNCB can use the base SOD data probe located in C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects which all my other sceneries use but the scenery xml files contained in C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml needs to have the address for the data probe changed.

In the case of ENAT the original one was:

<SimObject Name="ENAT Data Probe">
        <Placement Lat="69.977489747107" Lon="23.3478127419949" Alt="30.18372703" Hdg="0.0"/>
        <Model SimTitle="ENAT_Environmental_Data_Probe">

The correct one is:

<SimObject Name="ENAT Data Probe">
        <Placement Lat="69.977489747107" Lon="23.3478127419949" Alt="30.18372703" Hdg="0.0"/>
        <Model SimTitle="12bPilot_SODE_Environmental_Data_Probe">

I noticed that a number of other sceneries including HTKJ and UWGG had the same address error and therefore the same SODE log error so I corrected them all.

All my sceneries now show no SODE log errors and have all items showing including for TNCB the windsocks.

Hope this helps others who may also not realize their scenery is not fully functioning.

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning.
I bought Milan X but I can not use the jetway because it says that my aircraft (PMDG 737) is always located outside the range of the jetway although I'm parked correctly in the gate.

In the SODE log files there are many WARNING (for Rome too) but in Rome the jetway work fine while in Milan No in all the gates - always return out of range.

My simulator is Prepar3D v3.4 with GSX but I use the jetway with the menu item for SODE 1.4.0.

Attached a copy of my SODE Log files.

Can someone help me; thanks for answers.

Best regards

Paolo

SODE.log

I just bought Milan Malpensa, started the install and read the notification that SODE v1.4 would be installed and would render earlier SODE versions non-functional. That was immediately followed by an option to install the airport with control-j jetways or SODE jetways. This may be a dumb question, but I want to be careful here before I install: If I select the control-j jetway option (which I frankly prefer anyway) will that prevent my having any SODE compatibility issues? Thanks for your help!

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 9.11.2016 at 01:03, danch53 sagte:

I just bought Milan Malpensa, started the install and read the notification that SODE v1.4 would be installed and would render earlier SODE versions non-functional. That was immediately followed by an option to install the airport with control-j jetways or SODE jetways. This may be a dumb question, but I want to be careful here before I install: If I select the control-j jetway option (which I frankly prefer anyway) will that prevent my having any SODE compatibility issues? Thanks for your help!

If you choose to install control-j the installer for SODE won't be startet. So no danger for your already I stalled SODE airports. If you choose to install SODE jetways the SODE installer will be startet,  but you can decide to cancel it manually, if you already have installed SODE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Probably a rather stupid/simple question, but a few weeks back i installed GSX (i think in its Version 1.9.9.5). This came with an Installation of SODE in v1.3.4. As, I am highly interested in flying to Genoa which obviously requires SODE in v1.4 or later, I would like to know how exactly can i upgrade from v1.3.4 to v.1.4 or newer? Can i just install the newer Version over the old one (if this is the case, do i have to unregister the old Version for my platform which is P3Dv3.35 first?).

Additionally please allow me to give another question: Can anyone tell me, if the Airports Tromsö and Svalbard use SODE?

Thanks in advance and a nice evening,

cheers,

• OPabst locked this topic

Archived