SODE issues

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using Malaga X in P3Dv4

I had originally opted to not install LEMG with SODE, I now wish to use it. I turned off the AFX file and enabled the SODE AFX file. What else is left to do? When P3Dv4 boots up at LEMG there are no jet bridges at all?

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 hours ago, bradley27 said:

Using Malaga X in P3Dv4

I had originally opted to not install LEMG with SODE, I now wish to use it. I turned off the AFX file and enabled the SODE AFX file. What else is left to do? When P3Dv4 boots up at LEMG there are no jet bridges at all?

Hi, is SODE properly installed? Latest is 1.6.2

Are the required files for LEMG in c:\programdata\12bpilot\SODE\...

...xml\

...simobjects\

?

If not, reinstall LEMG and choose SODE during install.

• 2 months later...
On ‎09‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 23:48, JackRiordan sagte:

I installed Anchorage Professional in P3Dv4.1 today along with the the SODE jetways. I tried connecting one to my A320 with GSX, and the jetway looked like it duplicated or something :blink: However, it did connect to the aircraft ok B).

Please login to display this image.

I have pretty much the same issue on P3D V4.2 at Malaga Professional (Simwings). I installed the latest version of Sode (1.6.3) and checked the installation instructions of the "Sode Plugin" by SimWings.... Judging by the issue itself smh the default jetways are still active.

Thanks in advance!

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, Anton M-E said:

I have pretty much the same issue on P3D V4.2 at Malaga Professional (Simwings). I installed the latest version of Sode (1.6.3) and checked the installation instructions of the "Sode Plugin" by SimWings.... Judging by the issue itself smh the default jetways are still active.

Thanks in advance!

For some reason the batch files didn’t work 100%. Have you tried running off and on again?

You can also try to open them with the editor and do the file copy/move/delete by hand.

vor 3 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

For some reason the batch filed didn’t work 100%. Have you tried running off and on again?

You can also try to open them with the editor and do the file copy/move/delete by hand.

I've already tried running it off and on again - just did it another time just to make sure, but still the same issue. :/ 

I am not too familiar with SODE so I don't really know how to do what you suggested. 

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the tip! ...As you can see some folders were read only... I quickly corrected this and now everything works!

Thanks again!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why have you chosen "C:\Program Files (x86)" as base location for your scenery? That is a special Windows folder where you can run in any kind of nasty trouble installing FS related stuff in there.

P3D as also all add-ons should be installed outside of that folder unless you want to install and run everything all the time as administrator.

Vor 1 Stunde, Tom A320 sagte:

Why have you chosen "C:\Program Files (x86)" as base location for your scenery? That is a special Windows folder where you can run in any kind of nasty trouble installing FS related stuff in there.

P3D as also all add-ons should be installed outside of that folder unless you want to install and run everything all the time as administrator.

I did not choose that location... it was automatically assigned by the installer..

:/

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 hours ago, Anton M-E said:

I did not choose that location... it was automatically assigned by the installer..

That is just a suggestion. The installer leaves you the freedom to where ever you want to install to. The "Program Files" folder was chosen because your previous installation also went in there. 

You are of course free to install into "Program Files". I just wanted to point out that is comes with disadvantages and suggest to install ALL your flight sim related stuff outside of it.

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, Anton M-E said:

Thanks for the tip! ...As you can see some folders were read only... I quickly corrected this and now everything works!

Thanks again!

Please try to run the batch file with admin rights. right click on file -> run as admin
Please, post then also a screenshot of the cmd window.

vor 38 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

Please try to run the batch file with admin rights. right click on file -> run as admin
Please, post then also a screenshot of the cmd window.

Thanks but this is not nescessary anymore! I changed the folder's properties and now SODE works fine. Anyhow - I will try to uninstall all my P3D AddOns that are in the X86 Folder and reinstall them in the correct/desirable location - just like Tom suggested!

Thanks again for your efforts!

• Deputy Sheriffs

You should really do so, as your changes on the folder properties might not last too long. Windows is having a close look on these things and reverts them back occasionally.

• 1 month later...

Dears, yesterday i bought EDDN from 29Palms through your store.

As i planned a departure from Gate 13 i have noticed that the jetway didnt work. Also GSX was putting a stairway to the plane, so that anything thinks, the jetway isnt there. Who can help me?

Some days ago i have installed the Oslo update and i remember a new SODE package came through this update. Anybody any clu?

8 hours ago, DriverX said:

Dears, yesterday i bought EDDN from 29Palms through your store.

As i planned a departure from Gate 13 i have noticed that the jetway didnt work. Also GSX was putting a stairway to the plane, so that anything thinks, the jetway isnt there. Who can help me?

Some days ago i have installed the Oslo update and i remember a new SODE package came through this update. Anybody any clu?

I'm not sure if you're aware, but SODE software itself is not an Aerosoft product, but we use it is used in some of our sceneries.

You can always upgrade to the latest version of SODE by downloading the installer HERE.  This sometimes resolves SODE related issues.

I'm not sure, but I don't believe that GSX automatically adds stairways to an aircraft if it doesn't see a SODE jetway. If it did this, then airports with regular/default/Control-J type jetways would also have stairways going to the aircraft.

Did you receive any warnings from GSX regarding the jetways?

I don't have the EDDN scenery, but in some of our sceneries you have to select SODE Jetways in the scenery configurator.  Would you please double check this?

If this occurs after upgrading your SODE software, please take screen shots of how the aircraft is parked at the stand and let us know if you receive any GSX messages regarding SODE or jetways (the messages only last a few seconds and should be at the top of the P3D Window.

Best wishes.

4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm not sure if you're aware, but SODE software itself is not an Aerosoft product, but we use it is used in some of our sceneries.

You can always upgrade to the latest version of SODE by downloading the installer HERE.  This sometimes resolves SODE related issues.

I'm not sure, but I don't believe that GSX automatically adds stairways to an aircraft if it doesn't see a SODE jetway. If it did this, then airports with regular/default/Control-J type jetways would also have stairways going to the aircraft.

Did you receive any warnings from GSX regarding the jetways?

I don't have the EDDN scenery, but in some of our sceneries you have to select SODE Jetways in the scenery configurator.  Would you please double check this?

If this occurs after upgrading your SODE software, please take screen shots of how the aircraft is parked at the stand and let us know if you receive any GSX messages regarding SODE or jetways (the messages only last a few seconds and should be at the top of the P3D Window.

Best wishes.

Hey Dave, 

it works, oh shxx i am flying since years flightsimulator and i was never aware of that SODE sh..... All the time i though ctrl-j shall open all j-ways. I always thought anything is wrong with any config file. cool..

But this time i noticed that EDDN supports SODE and so i thought i need to investigate that. I never knew there is a menu for that,,, since i found tab - s today….

thanks and bye

30 minutes ago, DriverX said:

Hey Dave, 

it works, oh shxx i am flying since years flightsimulator and i was never aware of that SODE sh..... All the time i though ctrl-j shall open all j-ways. I always thought anything is wrong with any config file. cool..

But this time i noticed that EDDN supports SODE and so i thought i need to investigate that. I never knew there is a menu for that,,, since i found tab - s today….

thanks and bye

You are most welcome my friend, Happy Flights!

NOTE:  I have edited your post above to remove the explainaives.  In the future please remember these are our Corporate forums.  Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Good morning all,

Hate to kick the dust off this old thread, but I'm having a problem during registration of SODE after installing Mega Airport Rome today as well.

Specifically, the SODE Platform Manager 1.5.2 is selecting the incorrect 'exe.xml' and 'dll.xml' path and I am unable to change it, resulting in a "Registration Error" with the details as follows:

- SimObject Path entries -

fsx.cfg (Main): CFG file not found!

fsx.cfg (Common): CFG file not found!

The SODE Platform Manager insists on looking at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

However, I long ago set a different AppData location and the correct path is I:\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

The Windows environment variable %AppData% is correctly registered and points to "I:\AppData\Roaming" rather than the old default path, however, so I am not sure how the platform manager fetched the old default path. I'd love to be able to point it correctly though!

Thanks for your help.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 4/2/2020 at 5:27 PM, BHathaway said:

Good morning all,

Hate to kick the dust off this old thread, but I'm having a problem during registration of SODE after installing Mega Airport Rome today as well.

Specifically, the SODE Platform Manager 1.5.2 is selecting the incorrect 'exe.xml' and 'dll.xml' path and I am unable to change it, resulting in a "Registration Error" with the details as follows:

- SimObject Path entries -

fsx.cfg (Main): CFG file not found!

fsx.cfg (Common): CFG file not found!

The SODE Platform Manager insists on looking at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

However, I long ago set a different AppData location and the correct path is I:\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

The Windows environment variable %AppData% is correctly registered and points to "I:\AppData\Roaming" rather than the old default path, however, so I am not sure how the platform manager fetched the old default path. I'd love to be able to point it correctly though!

Thanks for your help.

Hi, please run latest 1.6.6 of SODE.

If the problem persists, you can ask the dev directly in his own forum.

https://sode.12bpilot.ch

• 1 month later...

I have just upgraded to SODE 1.7 and understand there have been some changes which affected many of my sceneries which I have been able to correct. Looking at the SODE log I have the following error for Alta ENAT. Any ideas what the issue is and how to resolve please?

[23:42:56.868] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\ENAT_SODE.xml'

[23:42:56.886] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\ENAT_SODE_animation.xml'

[23:42:56.886] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\ENAT_SODE_Clock_01.xml'

[23:42:56.886] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X10' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:56.886] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X11' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:56.886] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X12' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:56.886] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X13' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:56.886] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X14' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:56.886] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X15' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:56.886] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X16' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:56.886] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X17' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:56.886] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X18' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:56.886] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X19' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:56.886] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X20' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:56.886] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X21' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:56.886] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X22' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:56.886] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X23' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:57.016] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\ENAT_SODE_Clock_02.xml'

[23:42:57.026] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X10' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:57.026] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X11' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:57.026] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X12' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:57.026] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X13' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:57.026] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X14' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:57.026] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X15' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:57.026] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X16' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:57.026] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X17' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:57.026] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X18' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:57.026] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X19' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:57.026] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X20' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:57.026] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X21' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:57.026] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X22' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:57.026] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'ENAT': Listed Client SimObject 'Min_X23' does not exist in the XML!

[23:42:57.146] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\ENAT_SODE_CL_VORE.xml'

[23:42:57.146] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\ENAT_SODE_Terrain.xml'

• Developer

The good news is maybe, that the new existence of this warnings is the only change of Sode 1.7, the function is not effected. I would expect that the wrong named objects in the Data Probe list of the xml exists also before, only that older Sode Versions don‘t had generate a warning in the log.

As long as the „Clock objects“ addressed with this two xml will be displayed and animated correct, it is simple a wrong listing or usage of the Probe Entry in the xml.

But this can only answer the responsible developer Jo Sund, but he is sometimes here in the forum active. 

• 1 month later...

Yes, the new soda has been substantially changed, newest AS scenary for P5 now give an error:

EDDV

[13:03:56.846] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\JustSim_EDDV_VDGS.xml'
[13:03:56.848] WARN SODE.XML : [VDGS] SimObject 'VDGS GATE 16', Stop@22.600000: AcftType='NOT DEFINEDALL_ACFT' is not supported by SODE!

---

LZKZ

[13:03:56.903] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\LZKZ_Kosice_rain.xml'
[13:03:56.903] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'LZKZ_Kosice_rain': Listed Client SimObject '' does not exist in the XML!

---

EDDF

[13:03:56.746] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\AJS_EDDF_SODE.XML'
[13:03:56.747] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'EDDF': Listed Client SimObject '' does not exist in the XML!

---

EGLL

[13:03:56.761] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\AJS_EGLL_SODE.XML'
[13:03:56.762] WARN SODE.XML : Environmental Data Probe 'EGLL': Listed Client SimObject '' does not exist in the XML!

---

It seems that testers did not check these scenary  with soda, although the release of the new soda was a very long time ago, already on May 12!

• OPabst locked this topic

Archived